Chapter 6

Draco and Ella had walked into the dining hall together as usual. Ella waved to her father as she sat down and he smiled slightly. Ella ate happily as Draco talked to some of his other friends. Ella had thought about Harry, her brother seems very... prideful. He hates to admit that he's wrong.

After they finished eating Ella and Draco headed to Potions. Draco kept flicking puffer-fish eyes at Ron and Harry, who knew that if they retaliated they would get detention faster than you could say "Unfair." Ella sat beside him laughing, hey Harry's her brother but that doesn't mean it's not funny.

Harry's Swelling Solution was far too runny, but he had his mind on more important things. He was waiting for Hermione's signal, and he hardly listened as Snape paused to sneer at his watery potion. When Snape turned and walked off to bully Neville, Hermione caught Harry's eye and nodded.

Harry ducked swiftly down behind his cauldron, pulled one of Fred's Filibuster fireworks out of his pocket, and gave it a quick prod with his wand. The firework began to fizz and sputter. Knowing he had only seconds, Harry straightened up, took aim, and lobbed it into the air; it landed right on target in Goyle's cauldron.

Goyle's potion exploded, showering the whole class. People shrieked as splashes of the Swelling Solution hit them. Malfoy got a faceful and his nose began to swell like a balloon; Goyle blundered around, his hands over his eyes, which had expanded to the size of a dinner plate - Snape was trying to restore calm and find out what had happened. 

Through the confusion, Harry saw Hermione slip quietly into Snape's office. Ella laughed at Draco and the rest of the class. She hadn't got hit at all.

"Silence! SILENCE!" Snape roared. "Anyone who has been splashed, come here for a Deflating Draft - when I find out who did this--"

Harry tried not to laugh as he watched Malfoy hurry forward, his head drooping with the weight of a nose like a small melon. As half the class lumbered up to Snape's desk, some weighted down with arms like clubs, others unable to talk through gigantic puffed-up lips, Harry saw Hermione slide back into the dungeon, the front of her robes bulging.

Ella helped Snape prepare the antidote and tried not to laugh anymore at anyone. When everyone had taken a swig of antidote and the various swellings had subsided, Snape swept over to Goyle's cauldron and scooped out the twisted black remains of the firework. There was a sudden hush.

"If I ever find out who threw this," Snape whispered, "I shall make sure that person is expelled."

Harry arranged his face into what he hoped was a puzzled expression. Ella was looking right at him, and the bell that rang ten minutes later could not have been more welcome.

"Ella knew it was me," Harry told Ron and Hermione as they hurried back to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. "I could tell, she was looking at me"

-

"It was Potter" Ella said as she sat on her father's desk

"yes I know" Snape confirmed cleaning up "Class"

"free period" Ella hummed and Snape nodded

"your an excellent Qudditch player" Snape smiled

"thank you father" Ella smiled

-

A week later Ella was reading a book in the courtyard when Draco and his friends came over. She looked up from her book as Draco sat next to her looking happy.

"They're starting a Dueling Club" He said excited

"Really?" Ella asked closing her book

"yeah, let's go together, it'll be fun" Draco said happily