Chapter 28

In the morning Ella didn't even want to open her eyes, she was still tired from the previous night. She doesn't even remember what time she passed out. Ella grudgingly moved to get up but was stopped by something holding her by her waist. Her eyes adjusted to see herself once again in the Slytherin common room asleep on the couch with Draco.

"Draco" she shook him, he whined in response, she rolled her eyes "get up"

"tired" was all he said

Someone came down the stairs "You have to let her go at some point, or tons of boys will see her in her pajamas"

"Morning Blaise" Ella greeted

"Morning" He smiled, he walked over and shouted in Draco's ear "Ella's naked!"

"Excuse me" Ella said annoyed

Draco opened his eyes and hit Blaise "shut up Zabini"

"Got you awake though" Blaise smirked

"yelling in anyone's ear would wake them up" Draco complained as he sat up

"morning love" Ella kissed his cheek

"Do you have to do that in front of me?" Blaise asked

"yes" Ella replied and Draco smirked

"Go change" Draco pushed Ella to the girl's side

"ok ok" Ella sighed walking to her room.

-

Harry and Ella met up in the library to try to figure out the golden egg. Harry opened the egg and the two siblings listened intently, hoping that this time it would make some sense. They strained to think what the sound reminded them of, but they had never heard anything else like it. 

Harry closed the egg, shook it vigorously, and opened it again to see if the sound had changed, but it hadn't. Harry tried asking the egg questions, shouting over all the wailing, but nothing happened. 

Ella threw the egg across the room, she hadn't really expected that to help "I give up"

"Cedric told me to try taking a bath" Harry said

"Yeah you do smell" Ella said and laughed

Harry shook his head "no, I mean as a hint"

Ella shrugged "I don't know"

"Ella"

The siblings looked up to see Draco at the library's door.

"See you later Harry" Ella stood up and walked over to Draco

Harry watched as Draco held Ella's hand and left with her. Harry sighed and looked back at the egg, great he was losing his mind, the tournament, and his sister.

-

The first day of the new term arrived, and everyone set off to lessons, weighed down with books, parchment, and quills as usual. Snow was still thick upon the grounds, and the greenhouse windows were covered in condensation so thick that they couldn't see out of them in Herbology. Nobody was looking forward to Care of Magical Creatures much in this weather.

When they arrived at Hagrid 's cabin, however, they found an elderly witch with closely cropped gray hair and a very prominent chin standing before his front door.

"Hurry up, now, the bell rang five minutes ago," she barked at them as they struggled toward her through the snow.

"Who're you?" said Ron, staring at her. "Where's Hagrid?"

"My name is Professor Grubbly-Plank," she said briskly. "I am your temporary Care of Magical Creatures teacher."

"Where's Hagrid?" Harry repeated loudly.