Phantom Alarms

When I was in high school, I had a lot of these experiences.

At the house my dad lived in at the time (it was really old, built in the early 1800s) there were plenty of times I'd be sitting in the living room and distinctly hear the cabinets opening and closing in the kitchen.

It was just me and my dad that lived in the house, and you could clearly see when his bedroom door was shut and he was asleep, but still hear it.

Normally my dad worked 7-3 but occasionally worked a pm or overnight shift.

One night he was working until 11, I was 17 at the time. Around 8 or so, I'm sitting in my room playing Borderlands, and think I hear footsteps coming from the living room (which was adjacent to my bedroom) and assume my dads home early. Go back to playing Borderlands.

I keep hearing the steps so I pause the game and listen, and the footsteps are just slowly pacing back and forth between the living room and the kitchen, in a steady rhythm. I laid in bed scared shitless, and actually counted the steps.

Every time it took 15 paces to the living room, 15 back to the kitchen.

Needless to say I did not fucking sleep that night.
Had another situation at my mom's house, about 2 years prior to this, out of nowhere my alarm clock would go off at midnight every night. I assumed it was busted and got rid of it.

Fast forward 2 years, my mom gets another, brand new alarm clock for my room (also when I was 17).

Suddenly, alarm goes off at midnight. I thought nothing of it, turned it off. Happened again the next night, and then my sister Pointed out the old one I had that did it. So I checked and made sure no alarms were set, double checked at 11:56.

Sure enough, 4 minutes later my alarm goes off. Freaked out I threw it out. That next night was my dad's night to have me, I had a buddy of mine over and my dad was working that night.

He left for work around 2am, and my friend had brought over an iPod dock to listen to music on. Didn't have the clock set or anything, my friend knew nothing of the last couple nights so I knew he wasn't just fucking with me.

So about 2 minutes after my dad leaves, we hear an alarm clock coming from my room...I went in, and you know how if you just plug in a clock without setting it, the numbers just blink on and off?

Well it was doing that, as soon as I picked it up, the clock set itself to 12:00 and then just turned off by itself.

So...yeah, fuck paranormal shit. I'm not religious at all but I am 100% convinced that it happens.