The Victorian House

When I was younger we lived in a 110 year old victorian house. Everyone would notice weird things.

I was home alone organizing the silverware when I dropped a fork on to the table only to have it bounce once and fly at the wall like someone slaped it. I still have no idea how you can drop something strait down and have it launch horizontal for 5 ft

my parents when they first bought the house turned off all the lights (5 floors if you count basement and attic) My mom did the top 2, father did the bottom, the met in the middle, went to the first floor, left, got to the car and noticed not only was the 3rd floor light on but the blinds were now up.

We had a seesaw, my mother turned on the light and saw it violently going up and down.

I was in the basement and felt a hand brush down my back. I jumped and turned and saw no one there. I convinced myself it was just my shirt moving weird. As I went up the steps I heard giggling.

When I was older I was sitting on the couch and heard my dad say “What the fu waTCH OUT” right before a framed puzzle we had fell on me. My dad said he saw it lift it’s self off the hook

we had a Mastiff, A Rottweiler, and a German Shepard. They refused to go to the attic.

Our entrance had two sets of doors. The front doors, then a small room, then the second set of doors. We never locked those doors as it was two large bolts that went into the floor and then a 3rd bolt that held the two doors together. Locking it was very hard with a key so you could only do it from the inside with considerable force. We came home one day and the door was locked with all 3 bolts. In other words our completely sealed house was locked from the inside. My mother flipped, grabbed us, and ran to a payphone to call the police because if that door is locked then there is someone in the house unless the left via a second or 3rd story window. 3 cop cars came, they unlocked the door with my mothers key and swept every last inch of the place down to one of them going into our crawl space. Nothing. Not only that my mothers gold necklace was laying on the table and all the windows were locked. We had a family friend who is a cop and one of my uncles who is a cop come spend the night. Next morning everyones is up and my uncle goes to leave only to see that the door is again locked from the inside. We removed those locks that same day.

Mastiff was laying next to me while I was watching TV. Suddenly he jumps up and backs into me. He’s growling and snarling while staring up the steps. The other two dogs run in and immediately have their ears go back and their mohawks go up. This went on for several minutes. Our german shepherd started inching toward the step and did a little lunge nipping at the air bearing his teeth. about a 5 seconds later I heard what sounded like someone full sprinting up the steps of the first floor from the landing to the second-floor steps, then the third. I called my mom from the house phone. While on the phone I heard what I can only describe as a wail from the the 3rd floor.

Years later, parents are divorced, I’m with my dad for the weekend. I helped him clean the 3rd floor. We put the toys in a large toy chest from the closet they where in. While we our brushing our teeth I go pale. I’m hearing something so I shut off the water and ask my dad to listen. We both are completely quite.

The sound starts again. it’s the sound of clink clink but a bit of rhythm to it. I couldn’t place it at first then said ‘Dad I think that’s the xylophone’ we go up and the toy chest is open and the xylophone is on the floor.