The Man In The Mirror

I used to visit my friend at her house out in a rural farming area before she moved. I'd sleep over a lot, and we'd just hang out and draw. I usually slept in the living room on the couch, and there were two mirrors in the room fairly close to the tv.

When the tv was off and I was walking by, I started seeing shadows move behind me. I thought it was just a warped tv screen or something.

Then, one evening, I walked into the living room to get my sketchbook so I could sketch in her bedroom. I bent over and picked it up, stood up straight, looked in the mirror, and there was a man behind me.

A man standing in the hallway leading to the living room. He was average height, bald, and a bit old. I turned to look at him, and no one was there. Turned to look at the mirror again... and he was gone. I felt a little spooked.

Another time, we were just sitting in the living room, and we heard what sounded like little kid's footsteps running across the upstairs quickly. She had two adult siblings, but they were out at work, leaving us alone. Around that time, I decided to sleep in my friend's room instead of the living room.

Only to wake up in the middle of the night to see four of her posters slowly get peeled off the wall. It wasn't them falling and dragging each other down. They looked as if someone were carefully unsticking the tape and taking them down.

The next morning, my friend put them back up saying, "I need to get better tape for these..."

She and her family eventually moved out because they couldn't afford to live there anymore. We had never really talked about what happened in the house, as if talking about it would make it worse.

But after she moved, I finally said, "Dude, your house was haunted. I hope you realize that."

She replied with, "Yeah... I knew it was... Some guy and his granddaughter lived there, but he killed her and then himself, so it was probably them or something. I didn't tell you because I didn't want to scare you away from hanging out with me..."

Then she dug out a copy of a news article she got from a local paper about the murder. The picture that went with the article was a picture of the man I saw standing behind me.

Unfortunately, I have no clue where to find that article now, or if my friend still has her copy. If I dug enough, I could probably find it. But I don't have the time and I don't live near that area anymore. I don't even remember her town name or address because they moved out close to ten years ago. So you'll have to take my word for it...