Chapter Fourteen

TW: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE, DEATH, DEREALIZATION, VIOLENCE

Readers.

I have no words for you today.

Until next time, I suppose.

-

Tommy had seemed to be enjoying therapy, and Phil was glad he was. He was getting the help he deserved to receive. Phil was slightly worried about one thing, though. The Gods, of course, did not allow them to celebrate Christmas. But, the group had a different version of Christmas. They would give each other presents, and then cook a meal and offer some of it to the Gods. Phil loved the idea of doing that, and praised Karl for coming up with it.

He would never learn that Karl stole that from the Percy Jackson books, but what Phil didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

Winter break started two days after the day Tommy faced Dream. He had been tense since the first time Minx brought up the holiday they had planned. That, combined with his therapy sessions, ability training, and the constant words his father spews, it had been stressful.

"Hey, Toms. I need to go get gifts for everyone. You wanna come with? I'll drive." Techno knocked at his door, and peeked in. "I know this has to be, quite literally, the worst time ever for you to have a holiday dedicated to the big people, but maybe hanging out with me and Wilbur will make you feel better. Dad's cooking already, so it would just be us. Brotherly bonding and all that shit, right?" Techno humored. Tommy found it funny that his voice was still monotone the entire time.

"I don't know, Tech. Might go insane in the middle of the mall and try to off myself because my dead dad is haunting me." The words rolled off Tommy's tongue before he could stop them, and he was shocked he even said them. He could hear Wilbur laughing in his room, Techno and him following.

"If you go crazy and decide to stab me again, please aim for my arm or legs. Torso wounds are a major pain in the ass. Sorry for also uncovering a bunch of trauma, by the way. Wouldn't have yelled at Schlatt if I knew he would've caused you to experience all of it." Techno knew it wasn't his fault and that he didn't control Schlatt's actions, but an apology would still be nice for Tommy. "Now, c'mon. Get your shit. Me and Wilbur are forcing you to come have fun with us. I want to see you two fight for the front seat." Techno gave him a thumbs up, and walked down the stairs.

Well, there is no arguing that.

That led to Will, Techno, and Tommy going to the mall two days before Christmas, arguably the worst day to ever go to the mall. None of them thought to think about that, but they didn't realize until Techno was looking for parking for fifteen minutes.

"Dude can you just drop off me and Tommy? It'll be so much easier and we don't have to sit here and hear you yell at minivans for simply parking." Will complained.

"Do you guys think I could mess with the probability of us finding a parking spot? I could try. Might fuck up and mess around with us getting hit by a car, but I'd rather take that than hear Tech yell at another middle aged Mom." The car went quiet, until Techno snorted.

"Tommy, I don't know if you're taking new meds or you just woke up more comfortable today, but please never change. You are so funny when you don't care. But yeah, try it. Worst case scenario you get overwhelmed and I just drive us back home. Plus, it's not like I'm dying anytime soon." Techno joked.

"Hey, hey. Why does nobody care about my life? I still need to see if I'll get into University and marry my awesome girlfriend who can breathe underwater. Sorry I don't have any tragic trauma like you sad fucks." Techno and Tommy laughed at Will, who just gave them the middle finger.