⚡ 100K ⚡

STORY FACTS, DELETED SCENES & AUTHOR BARF!

Hey everyone! WE REACHED 100K! AAHHH I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO EXCEPT INCOHERENTLY SPLUTTER THANK YOU OVER AND OVER LSKDJKALSJD

I thought I'd give some extra content to celebrate 100K reads. I started out very small, not even knowing when I would even publish this story. I have never had as much fun as I do while writing this, so here goes - some unknown facts about the story, its characters and myself.

A few facts about Margaret and the canon characters:

• Margaret was supposed to be nicknamed Meg, then I switched to Maggie; before Fred and George said Nah, Margie it is.

• Margaret was supposed to end up in Slytherin - despite this being scrapped, I think her character has some Slytherin qualities which is a nod to her Pottermore house.

• Some of you might've noticed that Margaret's age was initially 17. This was because the book was supposed to start from Year 4 Goblet of fire, and Margaret was supposed to be in her 6th year with Fred, George, Lee Jordan and Angelina Johnson. The plot would've been a whole lot different too.

• When I switched to Year 5 instead and changed Margaret's age, Harry Potter was going to be the main love interest. This still served as an inspiration for their scene in chapter 1.18 | Easier Said Than Done where Margaret tells him:

"War or no war, Harry. You won't be alone."

She will make sure of that.

She originally said this even earlier in the story but this wasn't meant to be romantic. It could've been a start of a friendship that may have led to romance. This was before I decided the story wasn't going to centre around Romance at all, no matter what pairing.

• Markus was supposed to be two and a half years older than Margaret - scrapped this immediately. In fact, Markus's character was never planned, he appeared when I was writing the opening scene in 1.3 | Ancient Bloodline and you can see I didn't even have a name for him when he appeared.

• A duo I did plan on having was Margaret and Draco. That... didn't happen. Here's a scene I wrote back in December 2019 when the book wasn't even published, may you enjoy the cringe:

 Here's a scene I wrote back in December 2019 when the book wasn't even published, may you enjoy the cringe:

• Speaking of Margaret, she was supposed to be quiet but keen. The sassiness was also her own doing. A cut from Margaret's thoughts & wise inner monologues:

Ah... Assitant to the Inquisitorial Squad. A very important and worthwhile responsibility. One that could change lives, make flowers bloom, make your skin glow and complete your homework! It also sounded like a badly written Tumblr ad but she wasn't surprised.