1.4 | Malfoy

The very next morning, everything seemed to be even more chaotic to Margaret.

Everyone had started fretting over Harry's trial after she had informed Dumbledore and the others of the change in timing and location. It was already 7 AM, causing everyone but especially Harry to rush getting ready to get to the Ministry on time.

A few people, especially Bill, were wary of the sudden information. However, it was all forgotten when Mr Weasley declared that reaching early never did anyone any harm.

Margaret had locked herself up in her shared room, wanting nothing more than to fall asleep and hopefully wake up back in her room. Unfortunately, sleep did not come, and neither was she able to teleport back to her room. Her powers refused to work.

"Margaret," Ginny drawls. "You can't hide in there forever! Come on out!"

"Go away Ginerva!"

"Don't call me Ginerva!"

"You sound like Tonks, you know that?"

"Don't drift off topic! Come on out, please. We won't ask any questions if you don't want us to, promise," the girl tried to bargain.

Margaret shifted on the bed to stare up at the ceiling with a frown on her face. "It's not that Ginny, I just want to be alone right now."

For a moment, no reply came. Then she heard a sigh from the other side of the door.

"Alright, fine. But if you need anything, we... well, it's not like we're going anywhere. It's like we're bloody quarantined in this horror house..."

Margaret chuckled a little at the young Weasley's description. It was true, they were on lockdown here. For a good reason too - it was better to stay inside than risk running into Death Eaters at a time like this.

After hearing Ginny's footsteps disappearing down the stairs, Margaret decided to be more productive without actually having to leave the room.

She took out her one of the school notebooks that she had in her bag (the only possessions she had) and started jotting down notes about the events of the year. She wrote in codes that only she would understand, just some pointers. She was wondering if would be able to buy a charmed journal that only she could open and a pot of invisible ink from Diagon Alley.

She made a mental note and continued to write down pointers to then later copy into the proper book.

Margaret did end up going downstairs just in time for dinner, and incidentally when Harry returned from Wizengamot with all charges cleared. Mrs Weasley realised that she had gone overboard with stress cooking and they ended up having a mini party, complete with Fred, George and Ginny's chanting of 'he got off, he got off, he got-'

You get the point.

The very next morning, at the crack of dawn, Mrs Weasley bellowed from the kitchen that Margaret's Hogwarts letter had arrived. For a moment, everyone thought that Walburga Black had woken up from her slumber again with how loud the excited shriek of the woman was. Margaret was too happy to care.

It had been a while since she had felt the motherly love and let Mrs Weasley wrap her into a bear hug.

Everyone congratulated her and Fred and George took every opportunity to make sure she knew that every house except Gryffindor was a big 'no-no'.

Harry Potter still seemed to be intent on avoiding her as much as he could. Once again, Margaret let it go, knowing he was going through a lot at the moment and it was only going to get worse. 

What bothered Margaret more than Harry's odd behaviour were her own feelings. Anyone from her world would be over the moon to be attending Hogwarts with the Golden Trio. However, due to the knowledge that she had, all she really felt was this incredible weight on her shoulders which caused her to get anxious, something that she wasn't really used to feeling.