Chapter 10: New Friends

Avery's POV

Madison was really pissed at me, and yeah I guess I understood why. Well, kinda.

I was a lil confused because she knew I loved her before I even started coming here.

Not to mention, I didn't even win the bet yet! I never got her to break up with Gabriel. I'm guessing someone twisted up the words and now she's using it as an excuse to be with Gabriel.

Anyway, she's been avoiding me at school. We don't sit by each other anymore and she stays away at lunch. I've been trying to take the high route and give her the space she needs. But, I miss her, and I had to try to get her to understand. Today's Friday, and I wanted to talk to her before the weekend.

Of course, every weekend we hung out with the guys and I didn't feel like seeing her and Gabriel together. We had a day at Frankie's Wednesday and she and Gabriel seemed better than ever. It almost seemed like she loved him again.

She was all over him, hugging him, kissing him, giggling at his jokes, her hand on his chest hehehe-ing. It made me sick.

But I knew better.

I caught her at her locker, about to leave the school.

"Hey, Mads I–"

"Don't call me that. Leave me alone." She told me, pushing by me.

"Just lemme talk to you. Please?" I pleaded with her. She turned around and glared at me. I saw pain in her eyes and I looked away. I hated seeing her that way, especially at me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

"Why do you want to talk to me?" She walked closer to me. "You made me cheat on my boyfriend for some stupid bet. You made me think you actually cared, when I was just money and a piece of ass for you."

"I do care about you Mads. You know that. You know that what I feel for you isn't for some stupid bet. You're just looking for an excuse to be with Gabriel, I know you think he's best for you, but it's me. After everything we've been through I can't believe you'd think I'd do that to you."

"Well, isn't that what you do? Sleep around with girls however you want? It's just a game to you, right?" It hurt to hear her say that, after I told her everything that happened at my old school. For her to use that against me, even though she knew how it went. I shook my head at her.

"So that's how you feel huh? Fine... I'll let you go." I told her, walking by. "Me loving you was never a lie... but maybe things would've been better if we never met. Maybe we should act that way from now on." It felt like my heart had broken right there in my chest. I didn't know what to do.

She didn't want me, and now, I didn't know if I wanted her.

But maybe that was how it was supposed to be.

I had a game today and I had to get back into the lockers to change before we left cuz it was an away game. But I felt broken, I didn't feel like going back into the school.

So, I sat in my car, staring out of the window feeling tears fall from my eyes. I heard a knock at my door and I looked up, seeing Xander trying to open my passenger door.