Chapter 23: Rachel and Allison

Madison's POV

I woke up to Avery's phone ringing. I frowned and got it, answering it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Madison. Just making sure Avery's awake to be ready for today. We're supposed to be going for coffee and donuts before we go." My eyes widened, I guess I should get ready quickly.

"Okay! I'll wake her up and we'll go." Allison laughed.

"Thanks." I hung up and woke Avery up.

"Baby, get up!" I told her and she groaned.

"I don't wanna." I rolled my eyes and squeezed her thigh, which I knew tickled her. She squirmed around, pushing me off.

"Okay, okay, I'm up." She mumbled, opening her eyes. I smiled and rubbed her cheek. "You seem happier than usual."

"We're getting coffee and donuts. So hurry and get ready." I jumped out of the bed and she laughed.

"Yes ma'am."

After we were ready, we went downstairs. Mom and Dad were whispering then he hugged her tightly. He kissed her and she smiled.

"I told you." Avery whispered.

"Good morning guys." I said and they looked up at us surprised before smiling.

"Good morning kids." Mom said walking over and kissing both of our cheeks.

"Good morning." Avery said laughing.

"Your mom has something she wants to say." Dad said and Mom nodded, taking a deep breath. The image of the two of them happy a few minutes before left my head. All I could think is that they're getting divorced.

"I have breast cancer, but they caught it early. I'll be okay." My eyes widened and I ran to hug her. "They already set an appointment to take it out."

"I'm glad they found it early on." Avery told her, also looking worried.

"Yeah, it is a good thing." Dad added.

"So is this why you've been arguing?" I asked them.

"I didn't want to tell him about it, but he knew something was going on. I finally told him last night." Dad shook his head at her.

"She's always trying to do everything on her own." She laughed and I let go of her.

I was surprised that she had cancer, but of course it could happen to anyone. I was just happy she knew and she'd get the help she needed.

"I told Javier about it and he wants to go over and take care of her." Avery said as we were in the car. I laughed, of course he did.

Avery's phone rang and I took it, answering it.

"Avery, I'm telling you, if I stayed there for a while and watched over her she'd be so relaxed. I mean, I can cook, maybe not as good as her, but well maybe she can cook. But I can clean and stuff!"

"Javi, it's fine. Mom's fine, I promise. I'll be there and so will Dad. We'll take care of her." Avery laughed a little.

"You sure Mads? I don't mind at all. I'd take care of her, whatever she needs." I smiled, Javier was such a sweet boy. Avery would kill him if she knew he called me Mads though.

"Yeah, I'm sure. But you can visit her whenever, you know that. I'm sure she'd love having you over more."

"Oh yeah! Of course, I'll come over even if I have to walk if Avery's gone. Whenever she needs me."