Chapter 21: The Resolve

Madison's POV

Javi and I had been formulating a plan to get Avery out of the situation she was in.

I didn't know specifics, but Javier was good at hacking, he said he'd figure it out. He'd talked to their dads about everything and they were worried, but they understood that something sensitive was going on.

Seeing Avery at school with Michaela was still horrible. My poor baby, she looked so tired and now that I understood what was going on, she seemed aggravated. I had to let her know we'd take care of everything.

But, hearing that she and Michaela had sex... and she looked away from me guiltily, I wondered if it was true.

I hoped they didn't make her do anything and I hoped she didn't do it on her own accord. We had to get to the bottom of this, and soon.

But, the way she looked when I told her I loved her... I could tell she still loved me too.

I went home after school and plopped down on the couch.

No one was home, so I laid on the couch and put Criminal Minds on. I was tired, but for some reason I felt a bit calmer today. Maybe because I knew that Avery still loved me.

I heard pounding on the front door, I must have fallen asleep. I stood, stretching a bit, my back popping in the process. Damn.

"Who is it?" I asked as I looked through the peephole. You can never be too careful. I saw Javier there and smiled.

"It's Javier." He yelled. I opened the door and he walked in, grinning at me. I poked his cheeks, his dimples were showing.

"Hey, you seem happy."

"I am. Guess who I talked to today." He told me, going to my living room and sitting on the couch. He had his laptop and he opened it up, sitting in on the table.

Although he and Avery hadn't been getting along since all of this, she'd been saving up to buy him a gaming laptop. I'm guessing she finally gave it to him, I'm surprised he took it.

Also... both of his dads should've been at work by this time.

"Uhh first of all, how... did you get here?" He waved me off.

"I took a Lyft, Avery gave me some money." I raised my eyebrow. "Guess who I talked to today." He repeated as he typed quickly. I sat beside him, laughing a little.

"Who?"

"Avery." I nodded, so that's why he was happy. She'd given him the laptop and some money. That was nice.

"Cool, she finally gave you that laptop huh?"

"So you knew about it? You keep secrets pretty well huh?" I laughed and nodded. "Anyway, that's not the point. So I got home and she just stared at me before she walked up the stairs. So, I followed her up. She gave me this paper and it said to stay quiet, follow her, and put my phone up. She told me she was going to go shower and to leave her alone. So she puts her phone on the bed, turns on music in the room, and we both go into the bathroom." I nodded, confused.

"Okay." I said slowly.

"It gets better. So she tells me everything that happened and you'll be glad to know that she's not a bad person." I rolled my eyes, my heart beating quickly.

"Javi just tell me what happened." He nodded and scratched his head.

"So, someone recorded the two of you in the locker room and the classroom. She doesn't think he's telling the truth about the one in the classroom though, she said she made sure it was clear." He mumbled, embarrassed. My face turned red and I nodded.