Chapter 4 - Sweet Creature

Author's Note #1:

New chapter! Here's a pic of  Harry in the studio where Casey works. I would love it if you could check out my MERCH STORE, I have 1D and solo merch. We're on instagram as shopmwk and our webpage is https://shopmwk.com/ And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up and I promise I'll follow everyone back :) My ig is cristy.lealr

*Casey's POV*

I had to regain my composure in less than a second so I took a deep breath after my pathetic stammering while saying hi and act as if there was absolutely nothing wrong. I mean, technically there wasn't anything wrong, the only thing that was bothering me was the fact that this guy had been in a band with Niall. He had spent the last 6 years with him, and he probably knew him better now than I ever did. 

"So this is my band." Harry spoke again, as more people walked into the studio. And 5 minutes later we got straight to work. Harry was actually really timid, nothing like the persona he portrayed on stage. On stage he projected himself to be this over confident person who's a crowd pleaser and loves the attention, but from what I've seen these past couple of hours he's actually the complete opposite. He was recording a song titled "Sweet Creature" and they were tweaking the lyrics as it was being recorded. It seemed like a very personal song to Harry, he was on the brink of tears a couple of times while recording. 

"You okay?" Mitch, Harry's guitarist asked him as he came out of the recording booth.

"Yeah." Harry answered with a small smile on his face. The kind of smile that doesn't go all the way up to your eyes, the one that hints that there's something wrong. But it's still a smile so if you don't pay close attention you wouldn't notice something wasn't right. 

"Should we take our lunch break now?" Mitch offered, sensing that Harry needed a break.

"We should." Harry replied as everyone started gathering their belongings to go and have lunch. I usually eat lunch here at the studio by myself since I'm...well broke if I'm being honest. Don't get me wrong, this job pays a good amount of money, but LA is a very expensive city to live in and I don't have the luxury to go out to lunch every single day. I'll maybe go out like once or twice a month but I'd rather save that money and go out on the weekends with my friends. 

"You're not coming?" Mitch asked Harry.

"Nah...you guys go ahead without me. I'll order something." He answered as he sinked in lower in the couch he was seated in, clearly tired.

Everyone else had already left, including Jean, but I was still organizing stuff so that it would be ready when they got back from lunch.

"You're not going to lunch?" Harry's voice startled me and I jumped a little. "Sorry." He let out a little laugh when he saw my reaction and I turned towards him.

"I usually have lunch here."

"All by yourself?"

"Yeah."

"Would you mind keeping me company?"

"Not at all. Just let me go get my lunch." I smiled at him. And a few minutes later I was seated next to him in the couch, eating what Ash had prepared for me. 

"You're Irish right?" He asked me.

"What gave it away?" 

"Your accent."

"I thought I disguised it pretty well." I always tend to disguise my accent because then people are like oh wow you have an accent, where are you from, and blah, blah, blah. And I hate when the attention's on me.