Chapter 12 - History

Author's Note #1:

New chapter! The song for this chapter is History. I know, I'm sorry, that song makes me really sad as well, but in this chapter they reminisce about the past so I thought it was fitting. Here's a pic of Ace and Niall in the studio. (I know that's not Niall but I suck at editing and I found that pic on her insta so let's pretend it is the two of them just chilling, talking and eating in the studio. If anyone knows how to make good edits for chapters let me know! I would love it if you could check out my MERCH STORE, I have 1D and solo merch. We're on instagram as shopmwk and our webpage is https://shopmwk.com/ And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up :) My ig is cristy.lealr

*Casey's POV*

This time around I left the door open so I could hear when either Niall or anyone else got back to the studio, so they wouldn't find me singing my heart out. When I heard the front door open I immediately sprung from the chair I was sitting in and went to check who had gotten here, hoping it was Niall, only because he was brining me food.

"I'm back." I heard his voice before I even got to the lobby. 

"Did you get me food?"

"Yeah, I got you chicken teriyaki, do you still like it?" He remembered?

"I still do." My lips curled into a little smile. 

"So where shall we eat?"

"Nowhere near the equipment, I remember how you eat." I said while letting out a small laugh. Niall was definitely a messy eater.

"I've changed since then." Niall acted offended.

"Have ya?"

"Not really." He laughed along with me. I was trying to put our troubles aside for a moment, so we could at least have a nice lunch without all the bickering and fighting. It felt good to have him around again, to be able to talk to him again, because 6 years ago I didn't just loose my boyfriend, I also lost my best friend. It felt nice to be able to at least be around him without feeling the need to punch him. 

"So how far along are you with the album?" I asked him. 

"I've already written like 50 songs."

"Really?"

"Yeah." He laughed. "But I'm only happy with like 8 of them."

"That happens quite a lot."

"Are you still writing?" I used to write songs when we were dating, I usually wrote snippets like the chorus or bridge, but since then I've progressed a lot and now I write full songs in one sitting.

"I am." I admitted, getting a little uneasy with the subject, even though technically I brought it up.

"Maybe you can show me what you've written?" He said, but it sounded more like a question, like he wasn't sure if he should be saying it. I tried to lighten up the mood and divert the subject, since there was no fucking was I was going to show him my songs, most of them were about him!

"So you can steal them and profit off from my amazing songwriting? No way." I laughed.

"Oh shut up, Id' never do that. Besides, I'm an amazing songwriter as well, I don't need to steal other people's songs."

"Oh oh, Mr. Humble, I see."

"Miss Humble speaking."

"Fine we're both conceited, I'll give you that."

"Let's leave it at that then."

"So have you been back home? I haven't been since last Christmas." It was a good thing that my parents still lived Michigan, it was much closer to fly there than to Ireland, so it was easier to visit them.

"I went back home during the summer."

"How's everyone?"

"They're doing pretty good, Amy's got a new boyfriend."

"I saw that! I haven't spoken much to her since she started dating him. Did you get a chance to meet him?"

"I did, he seems like a good lad."

"I'm so happy for her, she deserves it."

"She really does." It felt good to be taking to someone about our friends back home, even it that someone was Niall Horan himself. The guy I swore to myself I'd never speak to again. But nonetheless, I missed having someone to talk to about Mullingar. Ashley didn't know that that was my home town, and I still intended for that to say that way.

"And your parents? Do they still live there?"

"Yeah, I helped mom and Chris buy a new house a couple of years ago, I wanted to give back to them for all they gave to me. I tried to help my dad buy a house as well, but he didn't want to, he said that it was my money and that I should keep it for myself, that I'd work hard for it. So he still lives in the same house."

"Oh that's nice of you, I'm glad you got to help your mom at least."

"Yeah, what about your parents? I haven't seen them around when I visit."

"They're in Michigan."

"Michigan?" He asked confused. 

"Yes." I laughed. " We moved to Michigan like five years ago when they offered my dad a job there."

"I had no idea."

"Why would you?" I immediately regretted saying that. Why couldn't I keep my mouth shut? We were having a civil conversation, basically getting to know each other over again, and I had to go and ruin it with my comments. I saw the look on his face as well, he looked, hurt. "I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"Why? You have nothing to be sorry about, I'm the one who left." 

"But still I shouldn't have said that."

"You have every right to say it. I hadn't realized until today, just how much I hurt you. Not only for auditioning by meself and leave you hanging, but for basically ghosting you as soon as I got through. I shouldn't have done that, that was so shitty. I'm really really sorry." I could see it in his eyes that he meant it, he had finally apologized. That did't mean that I wasn't going to forget what he did, but at least we were now on the road to forgiveness, and that was something.

"It's okay, we were only 16."

"I should've known better."

"16 year olds make mistakes."

"Not as big as the ones I did. I swear I'll never forgive meself for doing that to you."

"You wouldn't have everything you have today, you wouldn't be where you are today if you hadn't done that."

"But I would still have you." He mumbled as he lowered his gaze.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note #2:

Hey there guys! I said last chapter that I'd include both of their pov's for the following chapters, I lied. Oops. My bad. That's what happens when you don't have a solid plan for the story. Anyways, I hope you liked it. Let me know what you think about this chapter, it's kind of a filler, but I figured we needed a little break from all the fighting. I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr, it would mean the world to me. I'm so grateful for all the love you're giving my stories and my tiktok vids!