Chapter 10 - Long Way Down

Author's Note #1:

New chapter! The song for this chapter is Long Way Down, which I think suits the situation, everything was going fine between them, until it all crumbled down. Here's a pic of fetus Niall auditioning for the X Factor. Are you able to see the pics? because I opened the app from my phone and I couldn't see them. I would love it if you could check out my MERCH STORE, I have 1D and solo merch. We're on instagram as shopmwk and our webpage is https://shopmwk.com/ And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up :) My ig is cristy.lealr

*Niall's POV*

"Wait..." I called but she had already left the room. I don't know what happened to me, but whenever she was next to me, it was like I couldn't think straight, I couldn't talk, I couldn't function. I had no idea she still had this effect over me. It was one thing when we were away from each other, when I was half the world away from her, it somehow made it easier to bear. But having her standing right in front of me brought back all of the memories and feelings she made me feel back then.

~June 27th 2010~

"Oh my god, are you serious?" I suddenly heard someone exclaim from outside my door before an angry Ace stormed in.

"What's wrong?" I asked confused as hell, guitar still in my hands.

"You're practicing another song? A solo song?" How did she find out? She wasn't supposed to know about that.

"Um...no...I..." I stammered, she had caught me off guard.

"Don't you dare lie to my face Niall James Horan." She kept her eyes trained on me.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"So it's fucking true?" She exclaimed, her eyes getting all watery.

"I'm so sorry." I kept repeating over and over as I went to where she was standing and tried to hug her, but she pushed me away.

"Why?" I could hear how heartbroken she was.

"I don't know." Because to be honest, I don't even know why I started practicing a solo song, it had always been my plan to audition with her. I should've never listened to them.

"I couldn't believe it when Amy told me, I thought she was lying." So it had been Amy, I knew telling the others was a bad idea. "Do you know how fucking humiliated I felt? And now I feel even worse knowing that she wasn't lying. I tried to defend you in front of them! Saying that they were wrong that you would never do that!"

"I should've never told them." I whispered to myself, but Ace was able to hear.

"You should've never told them? What is wrong with you? You should've never practiced a solo song in the first place! I thought we were going to audition together!" Tears were full on streaming down her face at this point.

"We are!" I exclaimed back.

"Then why did you feel the need to practice a solo song and not tell me about it? Am I not good enough?"

"'Corse you are."

"Then why Niall?"

"I don't know."

"I can't deal with this right now." She started heading towards the door.

"Ace, wait!" I called, but it was too late, she was already heading down the stairs.