Chapter 9 - Flicker

Author's Note #1:

New chapter! The song for this chapter is Flicker, one of my personal favorites. Here's are two pics of Ace and Niall when they were younger (before he became famous). I have a GIVEAWAY going on if you want to join it's international and it ends on May 17. It's on my ig: cristy.lealr or on my shops's ig: shopmwk :) And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up!

*Niall's POV*

"Should we take a break?" Harry offered since it was already lunch time.

"Yeah." Louis replied as always, agreeing with his boyfriend.

"You want to come with us for lunch Casey?" H asked her when her boss left the room.

"Thank you, but I think I'm going to stay here." 

"Niall, you coming?" Louis asked me.

"Nah, you go ahead." And before he could say anything else, I opened my eyes very wide, hoping he'd get the hint and shut the fuck up. I wanted to talk to Ace, alone. And this was my only chance of getting her alone and getting her to listen to me.

"On second thought, going out doesn't sound too bad." She spoke as soon as she heard me say I wanted to stay.

"Oh come on, you promised me we could talk." 

"Fine."

"You'll stay?"

"But you're buying me food." 5 words. It was an improvement from her monosyllabic answers. We were making progress.

"Sure." I replied, anything to get her to stay.

"Well, see you in a bit guys." Harry voiced before Louis and him left, finally leaving us alone.

"And you're going to record a few songs here so I don't lose my job. It's the least you could do."

"Yeah, I'll tell Jean when she gets back from work."

"I'd thank you, but considering everything I think you owe me, so I won't thank you."

"Fair enough."

*Casey's POV*

I hated the fact that Niall had asked me if we could talk, I wanted to stay as far away from his as possible, but I also didn't want to lose my job, so I had no other choice but to listen to what he had to say. And before I knew it, another memory popped into my mind, the beginning of the end. If I'd known back then that it would turn out the way it did, I would've never agreed to it.

~June 2nd 2010~

"Babe have you seen this?" Niall asked me all of the sudden while we were watching tv at my place.

"What?" I asked as he showed me the front page of the newspaper. The X Factor was holding auditions in Dublin for the first time.

"They're having auditions in Dublin!" He screamed excitedly. Niall and I had always enjoyed singing. In fact, my first memory of both of us is singing karaoke on my mom's birthday party when we were only 6 years old. So it was safe to say we both loved singing. Whenever our school had talent shows, we would sing together in them, and we always won. And ever since Id' gotten him his new guitar, we couldn't stop singing.

"Are you saying we should go?"

"We should!"

"Do you think we'd have a chance?"

"I think we can win this."

"Okay then. I guess we should go."

"We've got to start practicing them.