Chapter Sixteen

"We need to see the pack doctor, where is he!!" Lincoln shouted, pack members look on as the young alpha run to the pack house. And a frantic Michael carrying an unconscious Eli.

"Out of the way, move!!" Lincoln still yell, even though no one was in his way. But he couldn't help it, him and his wolf are both freaking out. Wondering if they are about to lose their best friend.

Running to the back of the house to the pack clinic, he spotted Dr.Gurney, the pack doctor. He was closing the clinic door behind him, when Lincoln's screeching voice alerted him.

"Alpha, what's wrong? Are you hurt? Is the Lu-"

"No, it Eli. He's...hes" Lincoln interrupt the doctor but couldn't finish he's sentence.

"He's what?" The doctor ask confusingly, but realisation hits him when he sees Micheal walking up to them with Eli in his arms.

"Get him inside immediately and put him on one of the beds." He order, and Micheal complied.

"When did he pass out?" Dr Gurney, or Nathan as most people call him, ask the terrified wolves.

"In gym class. He passed out when we were playing dodge ball. He was fine an hour ago when I saw him, and now. And now, only thing my wolf and I can smell from him is....pain." A tear slip from his left eye and down his cheek. "Only if I had been a better alpha, a better friend." Micheal pull the young alpha in a tight comforting hug, as more tears escape his eyes.

Nathan look away from the other wolves and stare down at his patient, his  pale body has  cold sweat washing it. He had seen that symptom before, and he prays to God that his theories are wrong. Because if he's right Eli is in great danger.

An abrupt knock startled Nathan and the two young wolves, the door burst open and Eli's mother run in the room. Tears running down her cheeks.

"Eli my poor baby boy." She sob, touching her son's cheek. "I am so sorry that I haven't try to make everything better." She look away from Eli and slide down to the floor, as she crys. Eli's dad went over to her and wrap his wife into his arms.

"Its going to be ok, he's going to be ok." He look up at the doctor, asking him if it's what he's thinking is the matter with Eli. Nathan nodded. He had suspect it sooner rather than now, and his body went limp from the thought of losing his son.

The room went silent for awhile with only soft sniffles coming from Lincoln and Eli's mom. Until a petrified scream emitted from Eli, and his body went into shock.

"What's happening to him?" His mother scream, as her husband pulls her out of the way to let Nathan attend to their son.

Nathan heart sinks, as he examine Eli. He injects a seditive containing wolf's bane into his arm, calming his jerking body down. He gentle lifts Eli's eye lids and use his pocket flashlight to check his eyes to see if they react to the sensitivity of the light. But they didn't, his eyes are just bloodshot and looks almost lifeless.

"Is he stable now?" Lincoln ask, his eyes never left Eli's body on the bed.

"Yes, but he's not out of the woods yet." Nathan answer, looking over at Eli's father with a knowing look in his eyes.

"What do you mean by, not out of the woods yet?"

"Lincoln just, just go find your mate and not worry about Eli right now." Nathan sigh, rubbing between his eyes out of frustration.

"You listen to me," Lincoln growl, stepping up to Nathan and poking him in the chest. "I am your alpha, you answer to me. If I want to see my mate, I know where to find her. So tell me what's wrong with....please tell me w-w-whats wrong with him." Lincoln's voice came down from a shout to a whisper, as he sag into Nathan's chest and cry. "Please, just tell me if he's going to be ok."