Prologue.

Benjamin sat in front of his father's desk waiting for his father to come from a meeting. He sat in silence as he carefully play with the edges of the white envelop he has in his hand as he think about what he will tell his dad when he gets back.

   He doesn't know how long he is sitting there for when he hears the door open and close and his father sat down around his desk.

    "Benjamin, what can I help you with today?" His father ask, going through some papers he has on his desk.

   "Um....i got this letter this morning and I um..."

   "Come on Benjamin, we don't have all day." His father interrupted, finally looking at him.

     "It's a letter from Gilmore University, It's one of the colleges I applied for and this came in the mail this morning."

Benjamin shows the letter to his dad, and his dad look at it then back to Benjamin.

    "This again Ben, I thought your mother and I made it clear that you are not leaving the pack."

     "But dad...."

     "No buts, you're next in line for alpha and the pack thinks you're old enough to take over so you can't go and that's final." His dad said, turning back to his papers.

Benjamin stared at his father for a brief moment, can't believe that he would deprive him of something he really wants. Well okay he can but he needs to be considerate. Benjamin knows that the pack and his role as alpha comes first but how is he going to rule if his mind is thinking about a mate and not the pack. That's the only reason he applied to colleges in hopes that he will find her someday.

     "No, not finally." Benjamin said, startling his father.

    "I said no, it's not final." Am going whether you and mom like it or not."

    "You listen here now Ben...."

    "No you listen, l only applied to see if I could go out there and find my mate. My wolf is restless to find her and I know being an alpha is important but finding my Luna is that much important too. Dad please understand." Benjamin pled, his dad face soften and a smile spread across his lips.

    "I know the feeling you get when you don't find your mate and I also know the emotions you feel when you do. It might have been easy for me to find mine but that's not the case with you, so go ahead and go find her. Bring her home so you can have peace and comfort standing beside you as you lead this pack."

Benjamin was so relieved because he actually thought he would have to pack his things and run away in the night.

    "So it's a yes?" He ask to see if his father is messing with him.

     "It's a yes." His father replied. "So did you get in because you're all excited and what not."

     "I don't know, I wanted to run it by you before I opened it."

   Benjamin took a deep breath and his fingers shakily but carefully open the envelop and took out the paper. Benjamin's father could see that's he's nervous so he took the paper from him and said.

     "You don't have to worry, you're going to get in and they would be stupid if they didn't accept you."

   Benjamin smile at his dad, his nerves is replace by eagerness and he usher his father to unfold the paper and read. His father didn't have to read much because as he unfold the letter, his wolf's alert eyes spotted the word accepted.

    "So that means I got in?" Ben ask excited.

    "Yes you did, I told you son. They would have been stupid if they didn't accept you." His father said getting up and pull his son in a big hug from across the table. "You should have seen your face when you thought you didn't get in, priceless." His father laugh.