Chapter 3

Eventually the ship slows down. I am so far from the shore and can't see it anymore.

I go about the ship trying to collect the ropes again and turn it back towards where I came from.

I reach down to grab more of the rope when I notice some movement in the water next to my boat. Minnows are jumping in a group out of the water and away from a shadow that passes under my boat.

I slowly stand up and look over the edge wondering what it could be.

Suddenly, I see a tail touch the water before dipping back into the ocean. It looks like the tail of a dolphin? The color is a bit darker and there is a spike in between the two flippers.

"What the hell?"

Without warning, my soul leaves my body as a hand reaches up to the railing I am standing next to. I jump back in time to avoid a second hand that reaches out for my face.

To my horror, as I stumble back, a man drags himself onto my boat. At least what's what I thought at first. The more I look at him the more I realize that he is some horrible monster.

His fingers are webbed and a dorsal fin sticks out of his back with sharp spines. I follow with my eyes down his torso and see a freaking tail. It looks like the one that was peeking out of the water but has another sharp fin halfway between his hips and the end of his tail.

He screams this horrible shrieking sound and I notice his sharp teeth. What's worse is his eyes. They are a sickening green color and look like they can kill.

Probably kill me.

As he crawls towards me, I act out of instinct and grab the spear that is mounted to the side of the boat. I point it at him threateningly and he hissed before flipping back into the water.

Relief is a brief feeling as I hear splashing all around me. There are several more surrounding my boat and clawing at the sides, trying to get on.

I run to the controls and start the motor. There is no wind so there is no way I'll get away fast enough.

The boat starts to go and I hear the claws of these creatures slide off the boat. There is still splashing behind me which tells me that they are close. I don't know where I'm going but I know I just have to get away from whatever the hell those things are.

A loud screeching sound and the slowing of my boat makes my heart sink to my stomach.

The creatures are ripping at my motor and trying to slow me down. I grab the spear and run to the motor where I see them. One looks up at me and hisses. I used the butt of the spear to hit them and get them off the motor.

This seems to work a bit and I run to the controls agains and increase the speed as far as I can.

I notice something strange around me. The water is changing colors slightly and becoming lighter. I begin to pray that I'm not about to run full speed into a reef.

I look behind me and see that the creatures have slowed to a stop and are watching me speed away. One of them is watching me with it's head out of the water. It's eyes show hate for me but something else that makes my heart squeeze.

It looks at where the water starts to get light and then to me. I can see in its eyes that he can't cross it. For whatever reason I can tell that wherever I just entered into us much much worse than those creatures.