Chapter 19

All I can feel is warmth. As I wake up, I am warm. As I lay here, I am warm.

In his arms, I feel safe and warm. Anything cold or cruel in this world can't get to me. The only feeling that sits in my stomach is content love.

I don't remember when we started but we have been laying in my cot for a while now, just enjoying each other. I never knew he could mean so much to me and I'm sure he feels the same.

His breathing is like a song to me. I want to sink into pure bliss and feel nothing but his love.

His eyes are even lighter now. Every time the sun shines through the window above our heads, they shine brighter blue. As I stare into those eyes I feel like I am happily caught on a rock in the sea and he is all that surrounds me. Nothing else matters.

He leans down and our lips meet. It is soft and slow and I feel my heart beat for him more and more with each kiss.

Oh, those pools of blue. As he kisses me and lightly slides his fingers down my back with so much care, I can tell without a doubt what he will do for and with me. He will jump into those pools of deep, sparkling water with me.

Any time the kissing gets heavy, I can feel our hearts beat together. He is the sea that can rage with power and strength but also lay still and take my breath away. He is the freedom that the sea gives me and the heavenly bliss I feel as I sail it.

His kissing get heavier and I feel his hands grip my waist. To him, I am the storm that has the will to be unstoppable. But with the sea, I create a force that no man or being can stop. In the chaos around us, we can be unstoppable and powerful.

"Kaia."

I open my eyes and look up at him. His brown hair is messy but makes him look even sexier. I know in this moment that I love him. I love him despite his flaws and how rude he was when we first met. I know now that the whole time, he would have never hurt me.

"Do you feel that?" He says. I frown but soon realize what he is talking about

The ship is moving slightly. He pulls me up and we go onto the deck.

I feel a slight grin form on my face as I see the waves lifting the boat up. Not enough to go out to sea but enough to tell me that there is a chance.

I feel his arms around me. "I'll take you home, my love. I'll bring the waves in more so we can leave."

I turn around to face him. "You will come with me?"

He nods. "I'll go anywhere you need to go. I never want to keep you trapped somewhere ever again. Your happiness is more important than mine."

I know what he is implying. He is saying that I both can go home and be free from him if I want. He means freedom in every sense of the word. He would return to loneliness for my sake.

I shake my head. "The only way I will be happy is if you come with me."

He smiles brightly at me. "I was hoping you would say that."

I lightly put my hand on his chest and stand on my toes to reach his lips. I decide to tease him by stopping just centimeters from his lip.

I hear him moan as he finished the distance and wraps his arms around me. He kisses me roughly and I wrap my arms around his neck.

The kissing gets heavy and I feel him pick me up and bring me back to the cabin. Laying me down on the cot, he crawls on top of me.

I run my fingers through his hair as I feel a deep need for him. His hands travel down to my sides and then my waist, leaving a hot trail behind them.

He slips his hand under my back and lifts me closer to him. I arch my back for him and pull his face down to me harder.

I begin to realize what is happening. He wants more and so do I. But I begin to feel a pit in my stomach. I don't think I am ready for more. It would be my first time and I'm not ready for such a big step.

I pull away just as his hands start to play with the waist band of my pants.

"I don't think I'm ready."

He immediately stops and pulls his face away from mine. "It's okay, my love." He kissed my forehead. "I'll wait forever for you."

He leans down and gives me a smaller kiss. I can tell that he still wants to but he is willing to wait for me. He would rather everything go right than ruin anything between us, even if that means holding back.

We spend most of the day holding each other and preparing for the sail home.

"When do you want to leave?" He asks.

"Tomorrow probably. I barley have any water left."

He kisses my head and picks up my hand to interlace our fingers.

"Whenever your ready."