CHAPTER 6

Valentines Date

"Ma!". I called.

"Yes baby?". She replied.

"Do you know how to cook this?". I asked, showing a recipe of Shepherd's pie.

"Of course Jack. Do you want me to cook it for yah?". She replied.

"Nope". I said.

"Then why?". She asked.

"I want you to teach me how to cook that". I replied.

"Is this for your Valentines Date with Katie?". She asked.

"Yep". I replied.

"Why don't I cook for you guys?". She suggested.

"No. I want to do this by myself ma". I said.

"Jeanette, just let him do that. It's time that he learns some stuff". Dad butts in.

"But Roger...". She protested.

"Please ma...". I begged, showing her my puppy eyes.

"Fine". She gives in. She just can't resist the power of my puppy eyes and she just can't say no to her baby.

That afternoon, ma taught me how to cook Shepherds pie. She also taught me how to make Black and White Pudding explaining that its about time for me to learn some of the traditional Irish cuisine.

At first, I thought Irish cuisine is all about potatoes... Guess what... It really is about potatoes (hahahaha 😆). Which just meant that I'm 50% potato and 50% British (I know... Jacksepticeye joke. Also a fan 😄).

(Time skip... That night)

"Jack, your ma and I will go on a date". Dad told me.

"Okay. I'll just set my date here at home". I replied.

"No funny business". Ma said.

Here we go again with the "NO FUNNY BUSINESS" thing. But then again... Ma meant nothing wrong. It's clear that no sex especially if we're young. Ma's just conservative but dad's different. To him, we can do it but do it safely. Dad's a bit liberated yah know.

They left me at home. Luckily I already finished cooking. Before they left, dad handed me a condom, reminding me to do it safely. I have no intention whatsoever to do that. But better be safe than nothing.

I took a shower and fix my hair. I have been thinking of coloring it again. I have a very dull black hair. I did a blonde color before (ma almost died when she saw that) and right this moment (and time), I wanna try something different (can you guys suggest a color?). Then wore my dating outfit.

After I set up everything (food, candles, roses and chocolates also table), I rode my motorbike (nope. Still haven't got my license) and went to pick up Katie.

"Hey babe". I greeted.

"Hi". She greets back.

"Ready for our date?". I asked.

"So excited for it babe". She replied.

"Let's go". I said.

We ride my motorbike (she got scared at first). I handed her my helmet and went on our date.

"Where are we going?". She asked.

"We're going to my place". I replied.

"Don't we hang out at your house all the time?". She asked.

"This time it's just gonna be us". I replied.

"Your parents are not around?". She asked.

"They went out on a date". I replied.

"So... We can do what we want?". She asked.

"Technically yes. But we should have dinner first". I said.

"Okay". She agreed.

We got to my house and we began the night. I basically told her that I set everything up and tried to learn some of my ma's recipe (well... I did learn didn't I?). I gotta admit that I'm not a good cook (ma usually kicks me out of the kitchen whenever I tried touching the cookwares). But this time, all my efforts were paid. Katie loved my Shepherds pie and she told me that the Black and White Pudding is really good. I gotta thank ma for teaching me.

After eating, we ended up in my room. Watching some movie in Netflix (I don't remember what movie it is). Then after that, she asked me if I could sing a song for her, which I happily oblige. I get my guitar and sang Weak.

I don't know what it is that you've done to me.
But it caused me to act in such a crazy way.
Whatever it is that you do, when you do, what you're doing...
It's a feeling I don't understand...

Cause my heart starts beating triple time
With thoughts of loving you on my mind.
I can't figure out just what to do
When the cause and cure is you...

I get so weak in the knees, I can hardly speak
I lose all control and something takes over me.
In a daze and it's so amazing, it's not a phase.
I want you to stay with me, by my side.
I swallow my pride, your love is so sweet.
It knocks me right off of my feet.
I can't explain why your loving makes me weak.

The song really hits the spot. How I really felt for her. She's my weakness... And everything she makes me feel is making me all so feeling jelly...

We ended the night by, me taking her home and also... Nothing happens. She just smiled at me and lightly kissed my lips.

"Thank you for the lovely night". She said.
"No prob". I replied.

Then she enter her house. Leaving me outside her door. I rumage my pockets for my keys and the condom that dad gave me fell from it.

I smiled to myself... I think ma is right. We could end a date without doing the "FUNNY BUSINESS". That somehow we could enjoy the night with just good food, movie and some music. It makes me proud of my conservative heritage 😄.

A/N:
Stay safe and stay happy 😄