CHAPTER 17

My Sad Christmas

As time goes by, I barely think all the hurt that I've gone through. Plus my parents are big help to me. They support me right to this moment and in any way they can, which is good for me. Slowly I forget some stuff that hurted me last month.

Katie's still trying to connect with me or rather contact me in anyways possible for her. She still tries to get me back. But as I said before, I'm not interested to get back with her. I haven't told her yet. I just don't want to see her for a while. It's been a month since we broke up, so it's really fresh for me.

"Jack, can you do the grocery shopping today?". Ma said.

"Sure ma". I replied as I took my motor keys.

"Why don't you use the car?". She suggested.

"Can I?". I asked.

"Sure you can. You already have a license". She replied.

I know why she's doing this. She's trying to help me rid of my sadness. Ma gave me the grocery list and I took the car keys. Off I go!!!

I got to the department store cause ma told me to buy the stuff on the list there. And I found out that the list consists of Christmas presents that she will sent to our family in Ireland. There's things like shirt for Uncle Dan, some make up kit for one of my cousins and dress shirt for gramps and some other stuff. She'll gonna send this there because we can't travel just yet.

While busy with my shopping list, I met someone whom I don't want to see...

Chase...

"How yah doing bro?". He greeted.

I just nodded and started to walk away leaving him in the middle of the aisle. I really can't face him just yet. Maybe some other time... When I'm okay and ready.

After buying the whole shopping list, I went to a nearby coffee shop to buy a frappe. I really love frappe. But am I really unlucky today?

Katie just bump into me as I get my frappe at the counter. She looked like she wants to talk to me. But I don't want too, so I just walk pass her like I didn't see her.

After the coffee shop, I went home with a gloomy look on my face. I dumped all the shopping bags on the couch and went to my room. I don't know if ma noticed my change of mood.  But I hope she doesn't.

"Jack, are you okay baby?". Ma asked

"I'm good. Don't worry about me". I replied.

"Do you wanna talk about it?". She asked.

I didn't reply. She did notice my sudden change of mood. But I know she will not force me to talk. She'll wait until I'm comfortable to talk about it unlike dad. She left me alone in my room and I'm thankful for that. I can think clearly. Maybe I can tell her someday.

Time flies by so fast and it's Christmas already. And I have thought things through. I don't know if this is bad, but I have decided to talk things with Katie during the celebration. It maybe bad... But I thought that I can get even with that. After all she did hurt me so much.

'Katie, we need to talk'. Me.

'Sure Jack'. Katie.

She arrived outside my house and I greeted her.

"Thank god, you want to talk to me". She began.

"I need to clear things with you". I said.

"I still love you babe". She said.

"I'm sorry Katie". I said.

"What? Why?". She asked.

"I-I-I don't want anything to do with you". I replied.

"Are you really ending our relationship?". She asked.

"Yes". I replied.

"Why?". She asked.

"I've had enough of all your sh*t". I said.

"But I still love you". She pleads.

"No... You only think that you love me but you're hurting me so clearly you don't. Let's just end this up". I replied.

She didn't reply and I took that as a yes.

"Please stop contacting me. I'm no longer interested in getting back with you". I said.

I left her outside my house, crying. I took a look behind the curtains and there she is, still crying. I brush the tears from my eyes. I'm also hurt deep down doing this but somehow I'm relieved. Maybe time will heal it. As older people says; Time heals all wounds. I just wish I will heal my pain faster.

A/N:
Stay Safe and Stay Happy 😄