chapter 6

It was the next night and finally time to find out who would be the selected as champions for the tournament. "Are you nervous Bree?" asks Fred as he, Lee, George and Abby take a seat beside the blonde on the bench to give her support through the champion selection. "Oh no deffinetly not wracked with nerves are you mad" answers Bree sarcastically while starting to bounce her leg and bite her lip from how nervous she was. "Hey dont worry im sure everything will turn out fine even if you dont get picked" reassures Abby as she starts to rub her best friends back to try and relax her which helps slightly until Dumbledore gets everyones attention. "Now the moment you have all been waiting for, the champion selection" the headmaster exclaims to the students before holding his arm out in from of him and turning slowly causing the lights to dim around the room giving it a more eerie feel. Dumbledore then carefully places his hand on either side of the goblet before backing away just as the blue fire turns red and spits out a name. Brees hands tighten their grip on Abby and Georges hand that she has a hold of which they squeeze back in return for reassurance just as her leg starts bouncing again. "The Durmstrang champion is.....Victor Krum" Dumbledore announces causing the Durmstrang students and Karkarov to cheer loudly as said boy gets up from his seat to shake Dumbledores hand before going into a side room near the teachers table. The goblet then turns red again and a circular piece of paper comes flying out which Dumbledore catches and reads "the champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour". The girls from Beauxbatons along with Madame Maxine cheer and clap as Fleur stands up and shakes hands with Dumbledore before going through the same door as Krum. "Oh Hufflepuff, oh Hufflepuff, oh Hufflepuff" Bree starts to chant to herself as her nerves reach their end as she knows the Hogwarts champion is next to be announced. "Relax Bree everything will be fine we promise" promises Lee as he rubs her shoulders for comfort. Bree stops breathing as the goblet turns red for a third time and spits out another small piece of paper that Dumbledore catches. "The Hogwarts champion....... is Breeanne Tonks" Dumbledore announces loudly causing all Hogwarts students to cheer loudly while Bree releases a sigh of relief and be pulled into a group hug before standing up and making her way towards Dumbledore with a grin. Behind her she could hear her four friends cheering loudly saying "thats our best friend" causing her and Dumbledore to laugh as she reaches him and shakes his hand. "Well done my dear" he tells her with a kind smile which she returns while replying "thank you sir" before going over to her head of house to give her a hug then going through the same door as the others.

Bree makes her way down a flight of stairs which leads into a large room that Victor and Fleur were standing patiently in the middle of. "Hello im Breeanne Tonks and ill be the Hogwarts representative" Bree greets the two kindly with a smile that they return. "It is nice to meet you" Fleur replies politely while Victor just nods before Harry is seen making his way slowly down the stairs, suprising all three of the champions. "Harry what are you doing down here" asks Bree curiously as she approaches the shaking boy. "My name came out of the goblet" the young wizard shakily replies causing Bree to gasp and cover her mouth with her hands. The blonde then realises just how scared the young boy looks and quickly pulls him into a reassuring hug that he gratefully accepts. "Dont worry im sure everything will work out in the end" Bree gently tells him while stroking his hair to try and calm him. Suddenly loud voices are heard from the staircase causing the two to seperate just as the headmasters, Barty Crouch and Mad eye Moody enter the room heading straight for Harry. Dumbledore instantly grabs the young boys shoulders and starts to question him "did you put your name into that goblet" "no sir" Harry instantly replies. "Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you" Dumbledore questions again "no sir". "Are you absolutely sure" asks Dumbledore sternly which Harry quickly answers again "yes sir". "Well of course he is lying" accuses Madame Maxine in her thick french accent making Bree narrow her eyes at the woman. "Impossible only an exceptionally powerful confundus charm could have unlinked the line, magic way beyond the talent of a fourth year" Moody tries to reason with the professors. "You seem to have given this alot of thought Mad eye" snarls Karkarov to Moody. "It was once my job to think as dark wizard do i hope you remember Igor" states Moody in a low tone. "That doesnt help Allister" exclaims Dumbledore feeling stressed. "The rules are absolute. The Goblet of fire binds a magical contract, Mr Potter has no choice he is as of tonight a Triwizard champion" explains Barty shakely causing Harry to gulp nervously. "Now champions you must prepare for your first task over the coming months as it is set for November 12th. We are not abligated to tell you anything about it other than you are only allowed your wand, dismissed" Barty tells them causing everyone to slowly leave the room with Bree walking next to Harry. Everyone had already left the Great hall by the time they entered it again as they all start going their own way except Harry and Bree. "Here ill walk you back to your common room" Bree offers already starting to head in that direction when Harry catches up to tell her "you dont have to im okay". "No your not your still shaking and i honestly dont mind" Bree tells him gently with a warm smile causing him not to argue anymore. "Harry i know we arn't suppose to work together for the tournament but if you need help with anything at all dont hesitate to ask ok" Bree tells Harry with a gentle smile just as they reach the Fat Lady portrait. "Thank you ill keep that in mind" Harry smiles at her appreciatively just before she pulls him in for a hug that he gratefully returns. "Your welcome and i mean it Harry, even if its just to talk about anything thats bothering you come find me" she offers the boy kindly. "I will and thanks Bree" Harry promises appreciatively before letting go, giving the password and entering the common room.

"Congrats bestie" Abby greets Bree happily once she enters the dorm room and gives her a hug. "Thanks im so excited but im worried about Harry, they are making him compete and hes terrified" admits Bree with a frown as she thought of the young wizard possibly getting hurt. "Hey im sure he will be ok he has a lot of people around him who will help him if he needs it including you" reassures Abby gently causing a small smile to come to Brees face. "Yeah your right thanks Abby" states Bree feeling slightly better. "Of course i am im amazing" says Abby while flicking her dark hair over her shoulder causing Bree to roll her eyes with a fond smile before heading over towards her bed. Unexpectedly she finds a letter sitting in the middle of her bed with her name scrawled across the front. "Oh yeah that came a couple minutes ago for you" speaks Abby once she takes notices of her friend staring at the letter curiously. Bree slowly takes a seat on her bed before taking the letter in hand to read it:

Dear Bree

im glad you liked my present though i knew you would and im sure the twins didnt tell you but they snuck a pictuir of your reaction. Not to say you looked beautiful in it. Nothing gets by you that is the reason ill be coming to Hogwarts but im not telling you which task the dragons will be apart of or what you have to do with them, you already know too much. I cant wait to see you either as i miss you too but dont worry it wont be too long i promise. If you do get chosen for the tournament i beg you please please be careful i dont want anything bad to happen to you. Love Charlie.

Bree smiles to herself once she finished reading it, loving how worried he was for her being picked although she wanted to kill the twins for taking and sending a pictuir without her permission. She gets up off the bed and puts on her black shorts and T- shirt ready for bed before climbing uder the duvet and pulling some parchment and ink from her bedside table draw to write her reply:

Dear Charlie

i didnt know the twins took or sent that photo and im seriously debating whether to murder them or not. Abby wants me to play her a song sometime on the guitar while singing which im nervous to do as i only done it in front of you and the trainers by accident. She also has a crush on one of the Durmstrang boys. His name is André, hes very nice to her and makes her laugh so im happy for her. Your right though nothing gets by me im just too clever and i guess ill just have to wait and see when the task takes place and when im told what to do. Lastly i did get chosen for the tournament and everyone cheered loudly for me, im ecstatic i hoestly dont know how im going to sleep. However thats not the only reason why ill have trouble sleeping, Harry got chosen too. I dont know how or why but im worried for him but i told him if he ever needs help with anything or just to talk ill be right here. I only wish i could do more to help but thats the best i can do. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Love Bree.

Bree placed the letter on her bedside table with a sigh intent on going to the owlery in the morning to send it before packing her ink away. She then lay down in her bed and with a little struggle she into a restless sleep, her mind plagued with worries about Harry