24

It only took about three days for Charlie to come crashing through the doors of headquarters in a panic and demand to be told what happened. Molly and Bree quickly moved to calm him and sit him down on the couch between them before calmly explaining everything. They kept reassuring him Arthur would be fine after some more time at St.Mungos and after a few minutes he finally believed them, breathing a deep sigh of relief. When he had received the letter he had been in a meeting with Aaron discussing how to best handle one of their young dangerous Horntails. A smile had graced his face from seeing the owl knowing it was most likely a letter from Bree but that quickly changed to a devastated look once he read it. Charlie then rushed out an explaination to Aaron who didn't hesitate to send him on his way. After all, he knew how important his family was to him. Charlie wasted no time packing a small suitcase and quickly arriving at headquarters without a moment to lose. His heart beating frantically in his throat from the overwhelming fear he felt.

"Im so sorry that i worried you so much with my letter Charlie. I just thought you deserved to know and it was before we knew his true condition" Bree tells her boyfriend with an apologetic look on her face. "There's nothing to be sorry about Bree, I'm glad you told me" Charlie reassures her, taking her small soft hand into his own as a way to ground himself. Even though he was told his father would be fine, he still wouldn't completely relax until he saw him for himself. Realising this, Bree stayed by his side on the couch in the living room holding his hand and resting her head on his shoulder. She only hoped just being next to him was enough to help support him as she wasn't quite sure what else she could do.

Rubbing his thumb over her hand in a calming motion makes Charlie frown when he feels rough bumps placed on the back of it. Looking down, he clearly sees for the first time what Umbridge was doing to them with his own eyes. It made him angry just thinking about how much pain that vile woman had caused his girlfriend and siblings. He wished someone would find a way to stop her but the wizarding world was becoming dark and corrupt once again. Just like how the first war started from what he had been told by his parents. However he also felt extremely guilty. He wished he could be there for them and find a way to stop her from hurting even more of the students. It made him feel useless at the fact no matter what he thought of, he wouldn't be able to find a good and safe enough way to help them. 

"Im sorry" Charlie mutters quietly, gently rubbing his thumb over her scar while his eyes held a sorrowful look. "For what love?" Bree asks him in confusion wondering why he looks so down in himself when he hadn't done anything that should make him feel like he needs to apologise. "I should have done something, been there to protect you" he admits sadly to the woman he loves, his eyes not moving from her scarred hand. The guilt eating him up from the inside out. "Charlie please don't do that to yourself. Its not your fault, in fact it's no one but that bitch Umbridges fault" Bree begs of him. She hated seeing him like this, so worried about his father and guilty about what happened to her. He was usually so brave, strong and confident but she guessed everyone had a point where the cracks became visible. Placing her hands on either side of his face, Bree moves it towards her so he has no choice but to look into her eyes. "Charlie, i love you so much and nothing is ever going to change that. I want you to stop blaming yourself because it most deffinetly is not your fault. You are my big, stong, caring, loving man and i hate seeing you so down in yourself like this. If you don't stop blaming yourself, im going to get Fred and George to help me prank you" she promises him seriously. Charlie finally cracks a small smile from what she says, knowing that she wasn't given him empty threats. How could he be so lucky to have someone like her in his life, let alone call her his girlfriend. 

Leaning forward he places his lips on hers in a grateful and soft act of appreciation for what she said. He didn't know what he would do without her. His life would truly not be the same if she wasn't in it and he hoped she always would be right beside him. She returned his kiss just as softly, moving her lips in sync with his own, savouring every moment they were currently sharing of the affectionate action. "Thank you and I love you so much too. You are truly an angel in my eyes" Charlie honestly states making a beautiful blush crawl up Brees cheeks resulting in her trying to hide behind her hair. Charlie chuckles at her actions, gently cupping her cheeks and kissing her forehead in a loving manner "i forgot to mention adorable as well". Bree punches his arm in retaliation for his comment when he knew it would only make her blush worse. He chuckles in amusement at her embarrassment before pulling her to lie down on his chest and lean back to rest against the couch. Godric it felt good to just hold her again as she snuggled in his arms. He missed her a lot while she was at school and he was counting down the days until she graduated and came to work alongside him. He honestly couldn't wait for that day to arrive. 

(I know it's short and only a filler but i still hope u like it. Talk to ya soon).