Chapter 26

Christmas had always been one of Brees favourite holidays, her other being Halloween, but this Christmas was extra special. Mr Weasley had been released from hospital and would be able to take part in the celebrations which instantly raised everyones moods higher than they had ever been. Bree would also get to spend her first Christmas with Sirius which she had already been enjoying because of how he would randomly grab her while singing Christmas songs and begin dancing around the house with her. She would join him happily without any fuss even singing loudly a long with him to the songs he would sing. Charlie had arrived on Christmas eve pulling a squeal of happiness from the blonde as she dived on him for a hug causing them both to fall towards the ground in fits of giggles. She knew he had promised her he would be here but she wasn't fully happy until he was physically standing in front of her. 

The only thing she was sad about was the fact that her parents and Tonks wouldn't be able to join them. This was due to the fact that her parents weren't part of the order and therefore didn't know where the headquarters was. It was because of this fact that Tonks decided to spend Christmas with them since Bree couldn't. That fact made Bree feel a little better about not being able to join them for the occasion but it wouldn't lessen the fact that she missed them. Fortunately she was surrounded by her second and largest family to help ease that feeling and make her laugh so much it would let her forget just for a bit about everything going wrong in the world.

They all sat round the dining table sharing laughs and exchanging gifts between each other on Christmas day. Just like every year Mrs Weasley passed around her knitted goods that she had made for everyone such as hats, scarves, gloves and jumpers. Although Bree was the recipient of a very cosy nitted yellow cardigan which brought a soft smile to her face. "Thank you Molly i love it" she tells the kind hearted woman appreciatively. "Your very welcome dear" Mrs Weasley replies with her familiar warm smile resting on her face. She then made her way up towards the top of the table where Mr Weasley currently sat in a wheelchair, happily joining in on the festivities. He wore a purple paper crown while a grin stretched the length of his face feeling happy that he could be there to spend Christmas with his family and he had one person to thank for that. So he raised his glass while looking at the bespectacled boy that had done so much for his family and spoke his thanks "to Mr. Harry Potter, without whom i would not be here. To Harry". Everyone copied his actions and words leaving the young boy looking quite flustered from the attention. Bree chuckled at this and pulled him into a side hug that he quickly returned, both of them unaware of Sirius watching them with a warm smile on his face. He was glad to see that his godson and Bree were close as they would need that support between them and everyone around them for the future. He had this gut feeling that they would face a lot of challenges through the coming war but he knew they were strong enough to push through them. His only wish was for them to live peacefully when it was all over. 

"Love, can i give you your present in private?" Charlie asked Bree from where he sat on her left. Bree nods with a smile and allows him to lead her from the kitchen and into a sitting room area just down the hall a bit. They both take a seat next to each other on the old couch as Charlie pulls out a small wrapped square from his pocket. Using his wand he enlarges it into a big enough square shape before carefully placing it into her awaiting hands. Bree carefully pulls the wrapping paper off the mysterious slim object until a silver frame is revealed to her. Fire breathing dragons with detailed hearts were inscribed all along the frame but what was in the frame is what made her gasp in awe. All along the edges of the frame were smaller squared moving pictures starting from when they were children right up until recently. However the best bit was the sparkly blue calligraphy in the centre of them all: you were and always will be my wish upon a star. I will face all the horrors of the world to reach your light and be whatever you need me to if i can just stay next to you. I love you my dragon queen.