Chapter 29

"Harry are you sure?" Hermione desperately questions the dark haired boy while running up the moving stair cases with Ron, Bree and Harry. "I saw it. It's just like with Mr. Weasley, it's the same door I've been dreaming about for months only I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before. Sirius said Voldemort was after something, something he didn't have last time and it's in the department of mysteries" Harry quickly explains not stopping in his stride for even a second. "Harry just stop for a second and listen to us" Bree pleads with him making Harry turn finally stop and turn to his friends. "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you?" Hermione brings up a lot of good points. "What if he is? I'm suppose to just let him die? Guys, he's the only family I've got left" Harry responds in a quick and panicked fashion. Bree thought he was wrong with that last sentence since he had more family than he seemed to realize but she also understood what he meant. Sirius was his godfather and had a really strong connection to his father, he didn't want to lose that. Hermione, Ron and Bree share a look between themselves knowing they couldn't let him do this alone. "What do we do?" Ron asks his friend to show that they are right there with him to offer their help. "We'll have to use the floo network" Harry states beginning to run again with his friends following behind him. "Umbridge has all the chimneys under surveillance" Hermione reminds him. "Not all of them" Harry corrects her.

When they reach the pink puffs office Harry uses Alohomora to unlock her door and allow them to enter. "Alert the order if you can" Harry tells them after throwing some powder into the fire, making the flames turn green. Bree looks down at his crouched form with an incredulous expression with Ron asking "are you mental? We're going with you". "It's too dangerous" Harry insists wanting to keep them safe. "It doesn't matter, we're staying right beside you like we always have" Bree states firmly leaving no room for argument. Hermione kneels down next to him so she could look him in the eye "when are you going to get it into your head, we're in this together". Unknown to the four of them Umbridge had walked in right at that moment but she made her presence clear when she exclaims"that. You. Are". 

Within seconds her inquisitorial squad had grabbed Ron, Hermione and Bree then made Harry sit in a chair. The remaining members then went after members of the D.A to round them up. Before they knew it Neville, Ginny, Luna, Abbey and Adrian had been captured too and all of them were held against the wall with wands pointed at them. Umbridge pays no mind to them, her attention was solely focused on Harry. She leaned forward to look him in the eye and ask "you were going to Dumbledore weren't you?". "No" Harry answers honestly but Umbridge didn't like that answer and thought he was lying, so she slapped him. "You sent for me headmistress" a familiar bored tone of voice greets from the doorway. "Snape, yes, the time has come for answers. Whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?" She questions him with fake cheerfulness making Bree's eyes widen. "I'm afraid you've used up my stores interrogating students, the last of it on Ms. Chang" he admits causing the group to realize it wasn't truly Cho's fault that the D.A was discovered. "Unless you wish to poison him and I assure you I would have the greatest sympathy if you did, I cannot help you" Snape tells her and Bree watches how her face turns red with anger from his words. It looked like she was barely containing herself from exploding. She reminded the youngest Tonks of a child throwing a tantrum when they don't get their way. Snape then turns to leave but Harry's voice stops him in his tracks "he's got Padfoot, he's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden!". Umbridge shoots off questions at Snape wanting to know what Harry was talking about. She hated that she didn't understand what he meant. "No idea" Snape drawls then turns and leaves without being stopped this time. "Very well, you give me no choice Potter. As this is an issue of ministry security you leave me with no alternative. The cruciatus curse ought to loosen your tongue" Umbridge says on the verge of going insane. "No!" Bree exclaims in horror not wanting her to even attempt that spell on someone she saw as a little brother. She wriggled in the hold of the Slytherin but they just tighten their grip painfully. "That's illegal" Hermione states but Umbridge is at the end of her rope and doesn't seem to care. "What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him" she responds while placing her picture of the Minister face down on her desk. They all watch her raise her wand towards Harry with baited breath and looks of fear until Hermione screams "tell her Harry!". That instantly gets Umbridge's attention as she turns her head to look at her "tell me what?". "Well if you won't tell her where it is I will" Hermione announces getting a very well hidden confused look from Bree. She trusted the young witch with everything in her since she was always brilliant but what on earth was she up to?. "Where what is?" Umbridge asks insistent that she get the answer she's been looking for. Hermione seems to hesitate before spitting out "Dumbledore's secret weapon". Umbridge looked like Christmas had come early her face lit up that much.