Chapter Four

Third Person P.O.V

"Charlie's working late tonight, so it's just us for dinner." Bella told her as they walked into the house after parking the truck. "You're making food." Alexandra quickly told her before Bella could ask her too. Bella mumbled incoherent things under her breath as she walked into the kitchen. "I love you too!!" Alexandra teased as she went up the stairs, going into the attic.

She sat down her bag and took out her things, placing them where they go. Alexandra laid down on her bed, thinking about what she should do next. She had noticed that her walls were awfully bare, giving her an idea. She grinned as she ran around the room, looking for where she sat her paints and her painting pallet. After a minute of searching she had found it hiding her desk drawer, which was dedicated to the many paints she owned, along with sketchbooks, paintbrushes, and colored pencils.

"Great." She took them all out and sat them in front of one of the walls, then sat dow in between them. She used a pencil to sketch out a field of flowers, a tree in the background with a tire swing hanging from it, the few clouds in the sky, and some bees just for a special effect.

———————————————————————————

Alexandra had finished sketching out everything by the time Bella came up to tell her dinner was done. "Woah." Bella looked over at the wall, seeing the messy sketch. "Just wait until it's painted!" Alexandra excitedly spoke as she went downstairs, Bella following after she noticed she was gone. "I made spaghetti and garlic bread." Everything was on sitting on the stove.

"Great, thanks, Bells." Alexandra made her own plate, Bella doing the same. They both ate quietly as they sat at the table. "I think I'm gonna have Jake fix up some bikes for me, founding them out at the junkyard." Alexandra looked up from her food. "You're going to ride a motorcycle? Bella you can barely even walk, it's a bad idea." Alexandra scolded her like she was a child.

"It'll help take my mind off of him, and I'll get to hang out with Jake. Besides, I might not like it." She gave reasons for crazy idea. Alexandra thought it over and sighed. "If you even get scratched, you're never touching one again." Bella nodded, finding it slightly funny how her sister acted like her mother. "Good, now I'll do the dishes and you go do whatever you do." She waved her off, taking the plates over to the sink. She put the leftover spaghetti in a container for Charlie and sat it in the fridge.

After she had finished washing, drying, and putting away the now clean dishes, Alexandra walked up to her room, starting on her wall painting. She had finished the full wall four hours later, the music playing from her stereo encouraging her to continue whenever she got frustrated and wanted to give up. She smiled as she stood up, her clothes were covered in paint from accidental spills when mixing, or leaning against the wet paint then having to redo that spot.

She hastily ran into Bella's room, slamming the door open as the girl finished doing her homework. "I finished it!" Alexandra yelled in excitement. "Come look!" Alexandra grabbed Bella's hand before the older girl could respond and dragged her over to the latter, going up after she did. "Woah." Bella looked at it in shock, her eyes wide as her lips parted. "It looks amazing, Lexi." Bella sent a smile to Alexandra as the girl grabbed her computer.

"Ready to watch those movies now?" She asked as Bella turned back around to face her. "Sure, I'll go get the popcorn while you set the movie up in my room." Alexandra went into Bella's room while Bella went downstairs and started the popcorn. Bella came back up the stairs, Alexandra having already started the movie Corpse Bride. "This movie, really?" Bella asked, knowing how obsessed her sister was with it.

"Yes this movie, it's a masterpiece." Alexandra defended her choice, offended by her sister's words. "Fine, but I get to choose the next one." Alexandra nodded, accepting Bella's deal.

———————————————————————————

Alexandra woke up to Bella's scream, quickly sitting up and waking her up. Charlie rushed in while Alexandra held Bella in her arms, letting the girl cry. She looked back at her adopted father and gave him a thumbs up, silently telling him to go back to sleep. Alexandra held back a sigh as she knew she wouldn't get anymore sleep seeing as she'll be too busy worrying about Bella having another nightmare.

"It's alright." She hummed out to Bella as she stroked her hair. They stayed like this for the next twenty minutes until Bella fell asleep. Alexandra finally looked over at Bella's alarm clock, seeing it was 2 in the morning. She frowned as she grabbed her computer deciding to do the homework early while Bella rested under her arm, her arms wrapped around the younger girl.

Alexandra worked quietly, her arms reaching around Bella to get to the computer. She finished all of her work for the next two days within four hours, closing her computer when Bella's alarm clock went off. The girl stirred while Alexandra turned it off, annoyed by the sound. "Bella, you need to get up for school." She whispered while Bella opened her eyes and sat up groggily. "What time is it?" Alexandra glanced at the alarm clock before looking back at her sister.

"It's 6:10, Charlie should be up in about twenty minutes, go grab a shower before him." She told Bella before standing up, grabbing her computer and walking downstairs. She went straight for the kitchen and looked around in the cabinets until she found pancake mix and sausage links in the freezer. Alexandra grabbed out some pans while she heard the shower going, taking out some butter for them.

She finished setting the pancakes, syrup, butter, and sausage on the table when Bella walked downstairs, Charlie trailing behind her. "Coffee is in the coffee pot." She told them as she sipped on her own cup. The morning was spent in silence, only speaking to say goodbyes and Alexandra explaining she already did her work and wanted to stay home, Charlie agreeing and telling Billy.

Alexandra walked into the living room and laid down on the couch, soon falling asleep to some cartoons on the tv.

"Just one little nap."