Chapter Nineteen

Third Person P.O.V

Alexandra pushed Carlisle's hand off of her shoulder and got out of the car, not caring to watch him leave the driveway. She opened the front door, slamming it shut behind her. "Girls?" Charlie called out from the kitchen. "Just me, Charlie, Bella had to go run something over to Jess." Alexandra spoke loud enough for him to hear. "Seth is on the phone, he's been waiting for you to get home for a few minutes."

She quickly ran to wear Charlie was, grabbing the phone from him. "Alex have you been crying?" Charlie asked with a frown, but didn't get an answer. "Hello?" She held her breath as she waited for an answer. "Way to keep a guy waiting." Seth joked on the other line. Alexandra let out a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry about that, Bella, uh, brought me out to run some errands." Lied as she wiped at her eyes.

"Are you okay? You sound like you've been crying." Seth frowned as Leah stood next to him, trying to take the phone from him after she heard him say he thought she was crying. "Is it that obvious?" Charlie watched her interact with him with curiosity. "What's wrong? Did something happen?" She could hear Leah's voice, making her let out a small laugh. "Hi, Leah." She heard the phone being fought over before one of them had one. "Do you want to come spend the night here?" Seth's voice rang in her ear, indicating he won the fight.

"That actually sounds really nice, let me go pack a bag." She then hung up, running up the stairs. She went up into the attic, grabbing a duffel bag. She grabbed her hairbrush, clothes, toothbrush and toothpaste, a sketchbook and some colored pencils, paints, and a few pairs of socks. She hurried down the ladder then the stairs, going straight to Charlie. "Could you take me over to Sue's? I'm gonna stay the night there." Charlie raised his eyebrows.

"Are you and Seth a, a thing?" He asked awkwardly. Alexandra's eyes widened as her cheeks grew hot. "No! We are just friends, nothing more than that." Charlie nodded as he looked over at the beer he was holding. "And Renee already told you about the, Uhm, about the birds and the bees?" Alexandra's eyes grew impossibly wider as her mouth hang open. "Yes, she did! I'm not doing any of that for a long time!" She turned around quickly escaping to the cruiser.

After a few minutes, I'm which Alexandra had calmed her fiery cheeks down, Charlie had joined her in the car. She turned the stereo on, holding her legs to her chest as she rested her head against them. Charlie turned the music down until it became background noise. "Are you okay, Alex?" He looked over at her, worried. "I'm fine, just a tiny bit stressed, nothing too big." Alexandra gave him a persuading smile, watching as his shoulders relaxed.

"Well, you know, if you need anything you can always come to me, that's what I'm here for." Alexandra looked away from him, closing her eyes. "I know." The rest of the car ride was filled in silence, something she appreciated. "I'll see you tomorrow, Goodnight." Alexandra hastily told him before quickly exiting the car. Seth stood in the open door. She felt something wet on her face as she ran up to him, dropping her bag in front of him before wrapping her arms around him, not particularly caring if Charlie was watching.

Seth gave a wave to Charlie with one hand while the other was place on her back. "Let's get inside." He whispered to her, reluctantly pulling back and grabbing her bag. She grabbed his free hand, holding it tightly as small cries left her mouth. Alexandra shut the door behind her, wiping at her eyes as her tears only seemed to double. "Alexandra? What's wrong?" Sue frowned as she stood up from her spot on the couch. At the sight of the older woman Alexandra had broke down, Sue pulling her close.

"She doesn't want me." Leah walked into the living room, frowning at what she saw. "What? What do you mean, Alex?" Sue pulled back, cupping the crying girl's face. "My birth mom, she called me a freak of nature." Alexandra desperately held onto her, longing for the feeling of a mother's touch, the feeling of being wanted. "Alexandra, honey, you need to calm down." Sue slowly sat them down on the couch.

"Take Deep breaths." Alexandra followed her breathing technique until her breathing had calmed, the occasional stuttering breath. "I found her online, she is happily married and I have two sisters, two lovely sisters. I called her and she, she-" Alexandra stuttered as she cried. Sue pulled the girl under her arm, rubbing her shoulder. "It's alright, take a deep breath." She took a deep breath, closing her eyes as she tried to calm herself again.

Seth walked over, sitting down next to her, taking her hand into his own. "She found something out about me when I was a child, something that disgusted them. She called me a freak and that I shouldn't have been born and that she pities whoever took me in." Alexandra's fingers dug into Seth's hand. "I just wanted a mom, I wanted to see my siblings, my father. I wanted what everyone else gets to have. I just want a family that wants me. I want a family who loves me for me and doesn't use me." Her chest tightened as she realized how much it had actually meant to her.

"I want to feel loved, I want to feel like I matter and not like I'm taking up space." Alexandra's shoulders shook as she leaned onto Seth, her arms wrapping around his waist. "We love you, Alexandra." Sue told her softly, a comforting hand on her back. Alexandra sniffed as she sat up straight. "You do?" All three of them gave a nod, making Alexandra let out another round of cries. "You are everything to me, to us." Seth reassured her, pushing some of her hair behind her ear.

"We love you just as you are, you're our ray of sunshine." Leah spoke as she crouched down in front of her, giving her a small smile. "You are the sweetest girl I know, Alex. I'm so sorry you are going through this, you don't deserve this." Sue gave a motherly kiss to her shoulder. "I'll go make some cookies and then we can all watch a movie of your choice." She stood up, walking into the kitchen as her heart stung for the teenager.

Leah took Sue's place, sitting on the couch. "We will always be here for you. Charlie's a nice man, but he can be a bit of a dick without realizing it sometimes." Alexandra let out a sad laugh with a small nod. "I'm sorry for crying about all of this, I'm sure you have better things to do." Alexandra gave them a weak smile as she wiped her tears away. "Don't apologize, Seth would listen to you talk about anything." Leah teased. "Leah!" Seth whined as he reached behind Alexandra and hit her.

"Oh, is that so?" Alexandra joined in on the teasing, grinning at him. "I think mom called for my help." Seth quickly stood up and hastily ran out of the room.

"Did you see how red his face was?"

Princess of Nature    {Twilight Fanfiction}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara