Chapter Six

Third Person P.O.V

"Jesus, Bella! Do you even know where we are going?" Alexandra asked as she almost tripped over a log. "I think, I'm trying to remember the way Edward went." She mumbled, earning a groan from Alexandra. "We're going to die out here." She complained as she followed her older sister, hoping they would end up wherever it was that Bella wanted to be. The rain had stopped before they started their hike.

Alexandra let out a sigh of relief when she saw the clearing in front of them, but Bella stared in sadness. She reached down and touched the dead grass, the flowers from before were long gone. Alexandra looked around, seeing how depressing it looked now from how Bella described it earlier. Alexandra's eyes fell on a man standing towards the end of the clearing. "Bella stand up." She ordered as she watched him carefully.

"Bella." The man spoke, Alexandra could barely see a smile on his face. "Laurent." Alexandra looked back at Bella. "You know him?" Bella looked in between the two before giving her a short nod. Alexandra gasped and stumbled back slightly when Laurent appeared closer within a second. "I didn't expect to find you here." Alexandra quickly got over her surprise and stood next to her sister protectively.

"I went to visit the Cullens, but the house is empty." Laurent spoke as he walked off to the side a bit, slowly circling them. "I'm surprised they left you behind. Weren't you sort of a pet of theirs?" Alexandra pushed Bella behind her more as she didn't like the way the man was speaking. "Yeah, you could say that." Alexandra was once again confused as she saw the man's red eyes, today was not a good day to not know of the supernatural.

"Do the Cullens visit a often?" Alexandra took this as her time to speak. "All the time, we just saw them the other day." She lied effortlessly, but her pounding heart gave her away. "And who are you?" Laurent asked as he looked her over. "Bella's sister, Alexandra." Bella stepped to the side more so Alexandra wasn't completely in front of her.

"I'll tell them you stopped by. But I probably shouldn't tell Edward because he's pretty protective." Alexandra almost cried at how horrible Bella was at lying while Laurent continued to slowly circle around them, watching them as if they were his next meal. "But he's far away, isn't he?" Alexandra glared at him as Bella changed the subject. "Why are you here?" Bella turned the conversation onto him.

"I came as a... favor to Victoria." He seemed almost hesitant to give his reasoning. "Victoria?" Bella's voice was full of fear. "She asked me to see if you were still under the protection of the Cullens." Alexandra looked back at Bella, giving her a look that said 'what have you gotten yourself into?!'. "Victoria feels that it's only fair to kill Edward's mate, given he killed hers. An eye for an eye." They were constantly turning, not wanting their backs to face Laurent.

"Edward would know who did it. He would come after you. Alexandra would tell them what happened." Bella threatened while Alexandra's heart raced, adrenaline racing through her. "I don't think he will." Laurent shook his head. "After all, how much could you mean to him if he left you here unprotected." Alexandra's eyes narrowed. "She has me." Laurent grinned at Alexandra before he looked down in thought. "Victoria won't be happy about my killing you, but I can't help myself, you are so mouthwatering." Bella gasped.

"Please don't. No, no, no, no. You helped us." Alexandra's eyes widened when Laurent appeared in front of Bella, his hands barely cupping her face. "Shh shh, don't be afraid, I'm doing you a kindness." Alexandra glared as vines sprouted out of the ground next to her. "Victoria plans on killing you slowly, painfully, whereas I'll make it quick. I promise." He whispered into Bella's ear. "You will feel nothing." Laurent stepped back, not noticing Alexandra as the vines grew bigger.

"Edward, I love you." Bella muttered as she closed her eyes. Laurent was thrown back by the vines, crashing back in a tree at the other side of the clearing before he could harm Bella. Bella opened her eyes as she stared at the scene in front of her in surprise. Laurent was being held up by vines, which were slowly pulling at his arms, making him grunt and yell. Alexandra held her chin high, the nastiest glare someone could give on her face. "I don't know who or what the hell you are, or who Victoria is, but you are not harming my sister."

Bella stared at Alexandra in shock, knowing she was the one controlling it. The vines were sucked back into the ground, Laurent following face down when Alexandra's concentration was taken away by a big black wolf snarling and stepping forward, it's eyes staying on Laurent, only sending them one glance. "I don't believe it..." Laurent whispered in Fear as he quickly stood up. Alexandra glared as she waited for the wolf to become a threat to them, prepared to protect herself and her sister.

Laurent quickly turned around and ran, the wolves chasing after him, except one. A brown hair wolf stopped right by Bella and Alexandra, staring at them until it joined it's pack. Alexandra frowned, she thought those eyes looked familiar. Laurent slid to a stop, turning with his arm out and threw the black wolf off to the side, earning a very short whimper. The black wolf had quickly gotten up and went back to the chase.

"Go, Bella!" Alexandra yelled as she pushed Bella, running after the girl. They didn't stop running until they got to the truck, Alexandra shutting the door just as Bella pressed on the gas, going as fast as she could without breaking the speed limit.

"Dad! I saw them!" Bella frantically told Charlie as they ran into the house, Alexandra right next to her, breathing heavily. "What's the matter?" Charlie asked as he looked them over. "In the woods! They're not bears!" Alexandra told him, Harry looking over at them. "What do you mean 'in the Woods'? What the hell were you doing out in the woods?" Charlie sighed.

"They're wolves! I mean huge wolves." Alexandra rushed out, adrenaline still coursing through her. "Are you sure about that, Alexandra?" Harry asked, turning the attention onto them. "Yes! We just saw them, they were after something!" Alexandra held back the part about Laurent, reminding herself to speak to Bella about it. "Wolves? You saw them?" Alexandra nodded quickly.

"Alright, well, Harry. Feel like going hunting? Get some of your guys together?" Alexandra watched as Harry hesitated, seeming worried over something. "Sure, yeah, I'll just..." Harry walked out of the house, Charlie finishing his drink before standing up. "I should go to the station." Bella nodded. "Yeah, you should, you should go." Bella and Alexandra turned to face Charlie right before he left.

"Can you both just stay in the house?" Alexandra gave him a thumbs up, eager for him to leave so she could talk to Bella. Alexandra waited until she heard the cruiser pull away. "What the hell is happening Bella?!" She shouted. "I can ask the same thing! What were those vine things?!" Bella shot a question back at her. Alexandra pushed her hair back as she looked down at the ground.

"We both spill our secrets, and you have to retell me everything from the beginning."