𝐹𝐼𝑉𝐸

Her heart was beating quickly as she walked towards the source of gunshots. Berlin was walking next to her, but he didn't seem as stressed as she was. They approached the bathroom, Van wiping her sweaty hands on her jumpsuit. Berlin slowly opened the door, letting Vancouver in first. The girl froze at what she saw.

Denver was standing above Monica's body, lying in the pool of her own blood. Van covered her mouth with her hand as she stared at the dead woman. She felt Berlin's gaze on her, but she wasn't able to move, as she kept her eyes on Monica.

„Two gunshots... Are you a bad shot, or do blondes make you nervous?" Berlin spoke up, making Denver look at him.

„It's not easy if she's on her knees, begging you not to kill her." the younger man responded, walking towards Berlin. Vancouver slowly walked towards Monica's body on shaky legs, and crouched next to it, letting few tears escape her eyes.

„I'm sorry." she whispered, closing her eyes and letting her head hang down.

„Why didn't you kill her yourself? You're a fucking bastard. You don't want blood on your hands, but it's fine on mine?" she heard Denver's voice, and realisation hit her. She slowly stood up, turning around, glaring at Berlin. Denver was holding him by his jumpsuit, pushing him back after a second.

„You told him to?" she hissed, but he ignored her.

„If you ever put your hands on me again, you're dead." Berlin said calmly. He slowly walked around Denver, walking towards Monica, ignoring cold glare that Van was sending him. „There's a coal furnace in the basement. Put her there." Denver slowly loaded his gun. „After that, clean this up." with that, Berlin slowly walked out of the room.

Vancouver was breathing heavily, as she stared at the door, her hand slowly going to her gun. She stormed out of the bathroom, not even looking at her brother. She knew she would have to talk to him later, but now she needed to get to Berlin.

„Hey!" she yelled, making the man stop. She approached him, gripping his shoulder and turning him towards her. „What the fuck was that? Are you fucking crazy? The Professor said that no hostage can be hurt! What the fuck, Berlin!" she yelled, pointing her finger at his chest. He only stared at her blankly. „Since when you're the only person in charge, huh? Because last time I checked, I was one too! We're supposed to make fucking decisions together! And now Rio is all beaten up,and one of the hostages is dead, because of you. You're a fucking crazy..." she was cut off by him pushing her at the wall. Girl immediately shut her mouth, staring at him with wide eyes.

„You have to understand. You might be helping, but I'm the only person who's actually in charge, and you know why? Because it's fucking patriarchy here!" he yelled in her face, making her flinch.

„I'm sure the Professor doesn't know about it. Does he?" she hissed. „You're the one that needs to understand something. I'm a woman, but that doesn't mean I'm fucking weaker. I'm just as much of a lider as you are. Now back off." Van pushed his chest and stormed off, leaving Berln behind, staring at her until she was out of his sight.

„We said no victims."

„She had a phone." Berlin responded, looking down at Tokyo. They were all in one of the rooms, listening to Berlin explaining himself. „What should I have done, spanked her?"

„Scared her, not killed her!" Nairobi yelled, standing up from her seat next to Vancouver as Tokyo backed away. „Cut off her ear, like in the movies."

„If she'd given information to the police, you'd be the one who got shot." Berlin pointed his finger at Tokyo, causing her to look at him again. Nairobi lit up the cigarette, offering one to Vancouver, who was sitting on the couch, her head in her hands. She shook her head.