Chapter 31: The Spirit Realm

Viaan waited for his sister to come back. In the meanwhile, various kingdoms started receiving some abnormal magical fluctuations. The magic sensors were ringing non stop and the guardians were shocked. This wasn't known to Viaan. Even if he knew someway, he couldn't make sense of it because he had no understanding of that activity at the present. But the guardians knew what it meant. It meant the dawn of the new age. The age where the spirit realm would finally open its gates.

When Ahana came back, she brought some gifts. She got Viaan a dagger which could be folded into a quill. She bought Nairiti, a folding fan. Vidyut got a light ring and Rudra got a map. Each of them knew how to use their weapons when they fused their magic with the weapon. 

"Where are my lovely nieces?"

"Do you think I can bring them here in the midst of all chaos?" 

"Okay. How about my brother in law?"

"He's fine. The kingdom affairs keep him busy and whatever time he has left, the kids keep him busy. So yeah, it's all well over there."

Ahana was bright faced now unlike her appearance before when Vivaan was controlled. She sat with Viaan in his room overlooking the garden in the palace. The trees were blooming with flowers. The season was nearing its end. And the sun festival would soon arrive. Viaan had decided to leave after the festival.

"How would you know where Aroh is?"

"I don't know. I just hope to find him in Velika. Nairiti will help me. And then it may be okay."

"But Viaan, don't you think you are walking into a trap like a headless compass?"

"Maybe I am. I don't have a choice, do I?"

Viaan looked at the sun in the sky. The sunlight filled every part of the kingdom making the place look dazzling. But he knew that even this spectacular light can't fill up darkness in people's hearts.

His people were helping the enemy plot against their own kingdom. They can't be called fools but they weren't smart though.

"I believe, you always have a choice. Even if you are in a dead end. Maybe you have to just search for it."

"I know. I will go there and come back to meet you, for sure."

"Are your friends going too?"

"Yeah. I need them, because that madman is well, mad and they wouldn't stay here anyway. Also, his target is me, now. So you all will be safe, for the time being. You are here. And I trust you to keep everything here safe and sound. I'll ask Adhira for help. The king will be happy to help us."

"You have thought about every possible scenario. I just wish Vivaan here. He would have been a tremendous help."

"He'll be back. He's in the sanctuary with Master Adhyay. They will cure him and then you could meet him."

"Okay then, you've decided and I respect your choice. I'll be here. I'm waiting for you, Viaan. Come back soon, okay? And mom, she's also waiting for you. I dream about her, you know. She's sleeping in a crystal bed and wouldn't wake up even when I scream. You have to find her."

Viaan looked at Ahana. Her eyes were red and Viaan could see the pain she was trying to hide. It wasn't much different to them after knowing that their mother was alive. If they can't find her, she would die. But they have a sliver of hope, for now, atleast.

Viaan waited for the days to change. And finally the sun festival arrived.

The streets were decorated and everyone was happy. Viaan looked at the spectacle from the place building and sighed. The happy and content people were the best according to him. Anyone would think, being a king was a great honor. But he knew how difficult this job was. If he were a prince, he would have been celebrating with the people wearing a disguise. But now, he has to entertain palace officials. 

His friends were packing for the journey ahead leaving him alone to fend off these wolves, who had ministers written over their disguise. 

And like everything, even this feat had come to an end. Viaan turned back to his room and found his mirror twin who was yawning. The person in the mirror was looking lazy and comfortable in his green tunic unlike Viaan who was wearing purple.

"How come you wear new clothes every time I see you?"

"I have a space in the mirror. You idiot, this place I'm in now, it has my room. Everything I have, I can find it here. Except maybe living things. That's bad, ofcourse. But my weapons and stuff which I hid in my room in the palace, all of there are here. I thank God for this miracle."

"That's great."

"By the way, do you know that the spirit realm would open this year. I saw many magic currents in the air just now."

"What currents?" Viaan surveyed his room.

"You can't see them but I can. They look colorful. They change colors and it depends on your magical ability to see them. You are now a novice. But I'm not. I'm a superior magic user so I can see that. You have got to practice magic fast."

Viaan snorted.

"Hey hey, now. It's true. You should go to the spirit realm. It may help us deal with the poison."

"Really?"

"Obviously. People there have high magical abilities so they should also have high medical abilities. It solves our problem in an easy way. Why should we have to confront that enemy if we can easily get cured? What do you think?"

Mirror Viaan made sense but the premise was he was still a novice.

"After coming back from Velika, we will practice. And also, if we can think of this, why wouldn't out enemy think of the same idea?"

"You make an excellent point. Then our only choice is to cheat him and bluff him."

"You think that would happen?"

"We can act, I'm good at acting. Ah well, he can't see me so he wouldn't see me. But hey, you can watch my performance. "

"I'm guessing this, he thought of adding two different persons' powers when he did that, right. It means he doesn't know you exist. Haha, his super plan couldn't predict you. This is amazing. This way, we have a step ahead of him in one way."