Chapter 27: A curse or something else?

Viaan was tired of seeing his reflection smirk everywhere he saw. He observed that most surfaces in the palace were reflective. And it was intensifying his head ache. He had hoped that it was a bad dream but his mirror self was very much true and alive and also setting his last nerve on fire. It wasn't even mid morning and Viaan felt like crashing.

"You could just accept me like a spirit guide. I'm with you in spirit and I'm so perfect as a guide."

"You are also a nuisance," Viaan replied.

"But I know more than you. I know people and what they do and let me think, I know their secrets too."

"That could be helpful if you actually spoke something useful. All you do is tease me."

The mirror Viaan laughed. Viaan found it really strange to see himself laughing. He wondered if others felt that way too.

"Oh my god, you are very strange even if you are basically me. But hey, you should try asking the question."

Viaan sighed. It was just like talking to himself, basically it provided him no answers but raised more questions. And that was the same thing happening with his mirror self.

"What are you exactly?"

"See, there are parallel dimensions, you know. And I'm one of that Viaan. And my world is kinda like a mirror to yours. But not exactly. Some people here are exactly opposite to yours, it can be in terms of personality, luck or life, conditions, something like that. For example, by what I gathered, your father is no more. But mine is alive. I heard yesterday that Urmika is nearly gone but that kingdom is thriving in our world. I can't tell you some things for the exact reason. Because it isn't my place or destiny. You have to find it your way. I can only confirm it. But if you tell anyone, I think it would alter the time flow of your world. It's all so confusing. And I read no time travel and control based books. So I wouldn't want this world to change so I wouldn't tell you anything major. But I will help you stay alive. Because from what I saw, you are so much in trouble."

"Yeah I don't want to know anything too. Because I don't think it would happen here the same way in your world. It's basically fantasy. So tell me this, how do I send you back to your world? Your family is missing you, right?"

"Its very advanced magic and I don't think anyone knows that here. We would need someone who has knowledge of portals and dimensions. I feel bad that I never learned this."

Viaan felt bad for the mirror Viaan. Both were in a way, far away from their family. Viaan in emotional way and mirror Viaan in physical way. It was all so bad for them.

"Who are you talking to?"

Viaan jerked at the voice. He wasn't expecting anyone to interrupt him. And certainly not Nairiti.

"No one. Myself. What brings you here?"

Nairiti looked at him in disbelief but she let the topic go.

"Here's the list of ministers we should keep an eye on. They aren't loyal to this kingdom and so we should immediately replace them. What's your verdict?"

Viaan shook his head.

"We cannot remove them all. Just dismiss the ones not compatible with the job. Even a liar sometimes tells the truth. So they can be helpful to the kingdom. Keep them here but under the watchful eye of our prime minister. They are going to provide us more information. "

"Sure, anything else you want to talk about?"

"Did you rest? I have never seen you not working. So did you sleep well? Is the room good for you? What about food?"

Nairiti gave him a half smile.

"I'm used to harsh surroundings. It's fine. It's way more comfort than I've been used to. And I like working. You don't have to worry about me. But uh, thank you."

Viaan was searching for words when he was thankfully interrupted by Rudra.

"Sir, I have checked all resources and I'm working on making the kingdom more self reliant. The people are very helpful. The same cannot be said about the lords. They are acting stingy about leadership. You should be careful at the coronation. They are trying to cause riots by involving your brother's name. And word is, princess Ahana is returning from her kingdom."

"Don't worry about it. I'll deal with all the lords. They are doing what they always do. Cause trouble. My only wish is that everyone has to say alert in the coronation. Because there will be an assassination attempt. On me or anyone in the royal family that can get their hands on. In terms of crisis, this will be a disaster. So no should be injured tomorrow. Be careful everyone."

Viaan finished just as Vidyut entered the study.

"You guys are ahead of me. I have some major news. The black guards support you, prince Viaan. You must have really dazzled them with your magic."

Viaan frowned at that. Why would a supreme tribe of warriors side with him on this?

"Don't think it that way. Black guards know what they do and if they want to support you, nothing can stop them. And they value bravery above all. You have their loyalty for life. And that's something no one did before and I doubt that anyone can do that in future."

"Fine. And what do you know about dimension magic?"

The trio looked at him in a specific range of expressions, changing from horror, surprise to fear.

"Dimensions are forbidden to talk about. The magic is so deadly that it could make kingdoms disappear." Vidyut replied.

"It is true. That's what happened to Velika. That magic destroyed the kingdom and why would you want to know about something that is a killing curse to every living thing?"

Viaan thought, why, indeed why?
He wasn't only thinking but he was already involved in something that could be a killing curse to Mihira.

Author's note:

Thank you for reading. What do you think of dimensional magic? And mirror Viaan. Personally I think he is hilarious.