Chapter 28: Second Coronation

Hey Viaan, are you listening or doing whatever it is you do when I'm not talking to you?

The guy in the mirror smirked.

"I'm listening,  I'm always here. What do you want to talk about?"

"Dimensions? Tell me about the magic of the dart." Viaan asked his reflection.

"What do you think I am? I'm also from a dimension. I don't know much but it is like alternate universe or stuff like that. And like your friend said, truly dangerous. I don't know what's going to happen to us now."

For the first time Viaan saw his reflection being sad. And even if it was him in some other world, Viaan didn't want him to be sad. He was staying in an alien world away from his family. Viaan didn't know how that felt. But he knew that it would be heartbreaking. But the guy was still being good and helping him. This version of himself was truly amazing, albeit mischievous.

"And what do you think will happen in second coronation?"

"You will get hurt." He said with a blank stare.

Viaan knew that. It was like he was a sacrificial lamb. Viaan was doing this stupid task only to confirm which officials were still trustworthy. But he was risking a lot for that. There would be no other way which would tell him the truth in concrete sense.

"And how will I be safe? Because if I die, what will happen to you?"

"Well, I'll cease to exist. Because I'm like a parasite here. No body of mine. So I would really appreciate if you didn't die. You may not be married here, but I am. And my wife will kill me after bringing me back to life."

Viaan smiled.

"And I can't ask who your wife is, can I?"

"I could tell you, but it's fun watching you try. I mean you don't know your soul mate here. You don't know anything actually. So it's really hilarious. I won't give up my only option of enjoyment here." He shrugged.

Viaan smirked at him.

"Well then, rest. Tomorrow is gonna be a very tiring day."

The morning sun illuminated his room and Viaan slowly remembered all the events in his life. Mostly he dreaded seeing people who weren't loyal to their own country. But he had to go. So Viaan got busy and equipped himself with many antidotes. They would certainly come in handy.

Viaan met Nairit and Vidyut who acted like his bodyguards. Adhyay did send them for that reason and also because he wanted a new leader.Viaan was sure that he wouldn't become a leader like Adhyay wanted. Instead he was bound in Mihira acting like a king when all he wanted to do was help his brother.

They waited till the great hall was filled with officials and people.

"Go in when they announce your name," Vidyut whispered.

Viaan nodded.

Prince Viyanmaan

The music blared and Viaan took a deep breath. He stepped in and spied his surroundings in a glance. All the officials were wearing gold and yellow while people were wearing yellow. Viaan preferred being in total gold so he naturally stood out.

He bowed to the royal priest and then turned towards the dais. His brother was standing wearing a small smile. Viaan carefully observed his brother. He seemed out of danger but there was a slight tightening in his eyes. Viaan stood before him and touched his feet. He then kneeled before King Vivaan.

"A king is the only person who is a family member to everyone in the kingdom. From this point onwards, you will put Mihira above everything. Even your life." Vivaan said in a loud voice.

Viaan nodded.

Vivaan then placed the golden crown on Viaan's head.

"King Viyanmaan, you may rise."

The hall boomed with chants of his name. Viaan felt like he was suspended in a magical moment. He stood and turned back.

At the base of dais, he kneeled and everyone was quiet.

"People of Mihira, I am your servant and I'll always serve you. No matter what happens, Mihira will be safe. I'll protect this kingdom with my life. This great kingdom will stay true to its principles as long as the people believe in themselves. May the Sun god bless us with his light and vanquish all the darkness."

He stood up and bowed again. The people cheered once again and Viaan searched for Nairiti. She stood to his right wearing a yellow dress and her hair was tied in a bun. Viaan thought she looked like a sun surrounded by the people who were like sunrays. She had a soft smile on her face and Viaan wondered if she was thinking about her  kingdom. He would do anything in his might to help her. He realised he was staring and looked for Vidyut.

Vidyut was looking at someone in the back and Viaan became alert. It was showtime.

He turned where Vidyut's eyes were trained and saw a figure moving towards him. Viaan waited till he was in his ten feet circle. Before he could take a step, he was stopped by his immediate guard.

He was taken away by the hall without anyone's knowledge. Viaan waited till he could be excused. And then he asked his brother to come with him.

They reached his study.

"Your highness!"

Viaan looked at the doctor standing before him. He was sent by Adhyay who told him about his expertise in mind control breaking.

"Brother, you have to start taking treatment. He is still using you. He found out about our security arrangements. If we want to find Aroh, we can't allow him to know our plans. For Aroh, you have to close your mind to him or atleast control your mind yourself. "

"That guy came in because of me? Viaan, I'm still causing harm to my family." Vivaan stumbled and fell.

Viaan knew his brother was blaming himself. It wasn't his fault.

"Brother, stop blaming yourself. You are the strongest and bravest person I know. You protected us even when you were in his control. That means you are still the same brother who told us stories. I can't see you in pain. The only thing you have to do is become yourself. Remove that presence and then we can find mother, Aroh and everything will be okay. You don't worry. Once it all settles, you will be king and everything will be like it was."

Vivaan's eyes were filled with tears. He got up and hugged Viaan.

"My little brother grew up. I'll do it. I can do this."

Now it was time to interrogate that assassin.

Author's note:
A slow chapter today. But things will be fast paced soon.

How was it?