Chapter 30: Meet my mirror twin

"You have lots of guts to act like this," she glared fiercely at him.

Viaan scratched the back of his neck. Granted Nairiti was shorter than him, but she still made him feel like a child. He was scared but amused.

"I am telling you now, aren't I?" He glanced at Vidyut and Rudra. They were standing looking like gods surveying humans from afar.

"You should have told us," Vidyut replied.

"You are of no help," Viaan glared at them both.

"But still, we don't know the consequences of magic like this. And you told us now. What if he was some villain? You could have been dead or being controlled somehow. What if you kill anyone? Isn't this serious now?" She glared at him again.

Viaan nodded.

"But I know he isn't. It's me, rather a different me but I trust him."

"That doesn't mean you shouldn't tell your friends. We are here, right to help you in anything. Why didn't you tell us?" She questioned him.

Now Viaan was positively sad.

"I don't know.  You already had many things on your plate. I didn't want to add to those. You guys worry about me too much. You also deserve some time off."

Vidyut rolled his eyes.

"Now now Viaan, that's ridiculous. We are friends, right. I told you things no one knows. And so what, if you have all freaky things going on with you, you are special. We knew that before we met you. We knew what we were getting in when we agreed to rescue you. Doesn't matter if this will take us to our death. We believe in you so you should also believe in yourself. And so far, what you are experiencing is the worst bad luck anyone's ever seen."

"You sure know how to make a guy feel appreciated, Vidyut," Viaan grumbled.

"And King Viaan, we know someone has to make things right or more right than whatever the condition is now."

"Rudra, call me Viaan. You are like my little brother. And now all of you, tell me what to do?"

"Can we meet him?" Nairiti asked him.

"Sure. If he wants to, I guess."

Viaan moved to the floor length mirror he had put in his study. He stood before it and muttered,"Say hello my other half."

The mirror Viaan laughed like a lunatic.

The others present in the room were shocked because the mirror image was Viaan but also not him. They could see some changes. The mirror Viaan had a relaxed posture and he kept smirking like he was privy to all their secrets. Viaan obviously knew that the mirror Viaan knew all their secrets.

"So what do you know?"

"My my, princess, you sure are blunt."

"Tell me before I find something to hurt you. And believe me, I will."

"Eh, I'm not scared of you." He laughed.

"Fine. Tell me what you know so we can save this one from the dark dimensional magic,"she pointed at Viaan.

The mirror Viaan frowned and said, " I have no idea honestly. But as long as I'm with him, no dark magic or light magic can harm him. Like that poison. But if we get separated, then it will become worse. So you have time to find antidotes and stuff. And because we are both connected, he is the only one who can enter my world. So he is fortunate I can say."

"And what about you? Are you any risk to him? Will you harm him?"

"I wouldn't harm him. Can't you see? We are one. Why will I harm him?"

"And what about the harm you could cause unknowingly? How can we trust you?"

The mirror Viaan fidgeted.

"See, I will promise you this. As long as I'm here, I won't allow him to die. Or even get hurt for that matter. You see, my dimension and this world are very much interconnected. He dies, I follow. So atleast for my family's same, I won't hurt him. Can you believe me now?"

"I believe you but I don't trust you."

"Princess, I know that. I can't change your opinion but I can try."

She nodded and then Vidyut stepped forward.

"So mirror brother, how did you get attached to Viaan?"

"I don't know. I mean one moment I'm with my family, then I'm in agaonising pain and when I wake up, he is bent over his brother."

Viaan realised the exact moment.

"He means that day of the eclipse. When I was in that light, I felt some things. Like pain and infinite power, I think that's when we got bonded."

"So that guy wanted his mirror twin to be attached but somewhere his plan backfired so he used you as his experiment. And now you got binded with him."

Viaan nodded.

"But if he wanted this to happen, we are playing into his hands. All of this is his plan. And Viaan is in danger."

"I don't think so. I think he wanted the power but when king Vivaan couldn't do it, he thought it was a lost cause. And he wanted to kill King Viaan so he threw him in that light. But king Viaan could somehow channel that energy and he pulled him,"Rudra said pointing towards mirror Viaan," Out of that dimension which was opened."

It made perfect sense because Viaan's unique magic added energy and power to anything. Then that meant mirror Viaan could decrease power of anything. And because of both of them working simultaneously, the posion wasn't working. The posion couldn't choose which magic it had to affect and so it was laying dormant. But if they got separated, Viaan would die a painful death. Somehow his enemy had figured it all out and used his backup plan which would certainly kill him. He was dealing with a very cunning and highly smart person.

"Then we only have that spy who could lead us to the antidote. Nairiti, follow him and find out what you can. Rudra, get all the corrupt ministers to meet tomorrow. I want to sway their loyalty. And Vidyut, get ready for a long journey. It can be at any moments notice. Work all of this fast. I'm releasing the spy today."

They all nodded and left him alone in his study.

"So what do you think is going to happen now?"

"I think, we will have to visit Nairiti's kingdom because the posion is from there. I don't know who wants me to die this bad. And I have to find him. Because all of this mystery is getting on my nerves. And I think Aroh is there."

"You are right."

Viaan had to wait till his sister came back. She had to leave for the safety of his sister in law and nieces. But when she came back, she had to work. So she was the only one who could help him go to Velika.

Author's note:
What will Ahana say?
And is Viaan really dealing with only one mastermind?