Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Vigilante Rescue Mission

  { Last evening, another person went missing. The 5th missing person was named Agatha Marie Williams. Aged 24, she works as an office worker at the XXX company. She was last seen under the surveillance camera, leaving their company. Afterward, her current whereabouts are unknown just like the previous missing persons. }

Ansell and Asner listened to the morning news on the television for today. The former was frowning while the latter was in deep thought.

The moment that the television played this news, Asner knows that it has to do with something unusualness and creepiness of the SCPs. He also decided at that moment to choose his mission.

{ 2. Save 10 passengers from man-eating bus mission accepted }

He can't just let those people end up dying or being food for those man-eating insect buses. Those people are innocent. And even dying is normal, in this world, with certainty the death rate is much worse.

People dying in a normal way, innocent people encountering SCPs, and those poor D class that just keeps coming and coming. Asner doesn't know if the unlimited D class still applies in the reality of this world.

Asner wanted to reduce the drying rate. Even it was a little. The mission also perfectly fits in the nota too hard and not-so-easy category. He also doesn't want those man-eating buses to keep multiplying because they keep having their free meals. If possible, Asner would also like to exterminate those man-eating bastards as possible.

Asner doesn't see the benefit of keeping those guys alive. They are too dangerous to let loose and do what they wanted.

Later Ansell and Asner finish eating their breakfast. They left the house and were greeted again by their neighbors. Unlike the cheerful greetings every morning, they seem less happy and enthusiastic. Their faces are marred with worry and unease.

When they got to the bus stop, Ansell and Asner meet their neighbor Johann again.

" Ah... Good morning Mister Ansell and Asner. "

He greeted them with none of the cheer on his face. Johann looks like he has a sleepless night. He has bags under his eyes. He looks pale and wan. His hair is a mess and his uniform is wrinkled.

Both the father and son, look at their neighbor with worry in their eyes. Asner decided to ask Johann while the other was staring in the distance with a blank gaze.

" What happened to you, Brother Johann? "

" To me? nothing.. "

Johann frowned at he said that before he continued.

" Ah. I'm sorry for being rude and blunt. Asner. I just have a sleepless night so I am a bit irritable. "

" It's okay. "

" No, it's not fine... Anyway, have you watched the news this morning? "

" Yes. "

What has to do with that? This is what Asner wanted to ask, but he has already a suspicion on where their conversation is going.

" Have you watched the missing person news earlier? "

" The answer is also, yes. "

Johann then revealed a fake smile. There was a pained look in his eyes.

" The recent missing person was my best friend and also classmates sister. "

Asner winced at that.

" Also, one of the missing persons is one of our classmates. "

Johann sighed.

" I wondered when will the list stop? It just disturbing that the missing person list keeps piling up. Everyone didn't know if they died or not since there is nobody to be found. "

Later, the bus arrived. Asner activated his appraisal and the identity of the bus was revealed.

Just a normal bus and with an alive bus driver.

Together with some people, they entered the bus and took their seats. Asner is seating on Ansell's lap again while Johann was beside them. He was just quiet and looking at his cellphone. Unlike before, he didn't even bother to make some light joke or tease Asner.

He didn't even bother to ask if his father's car was already fixed. But Asner can understand why is the guy is in a gloomy and distracted mood. It was because of the missing people. He let the sound of unease and disturbing quietness passed over them. Asner spend his time deep in thought on the bus. He was determined to save that future who would-be victims of those man-eating buses. If he needed to spend some points for offensive abilities and items, then so be it. He can still have the opportunity to save points for that special ability later, there are people to save and man-eating buses that need to be terminated.

Later, when the school ended and Asner and his father returned home, after eating their dinner together, Asner returned to his bedroom.

Gritting his teeth, he started browsing the shop interface. After a few minutes of browsing the shop and buying using his points, Asner was left with 5,785 points.

Flicking his finger, a 'person' appeared in front of him. It has the same height and appearance as him.

{ System, how long would this clone last? Can it keep cover for me while I am gone? }

{ You don't need to be worried Host. Since you are going out of the night, you can just instruct it to sleep. You can also make it appear and disappear whenever you wanted. And System has also copied and applied some things to make sure that it would respond and act as a Host. }

Asner sighed at that. Then, he frowned as he remembered his remaining points.

All of the points that he spends on his new abilities [ Flight ] [Clone] [Explode] [Mark] is better be worth it. He hopes that with these new additional skills, he would be able to save those who would be victims and prevent them from being eaten. And also kill those man-eating buses insects who were also known as SCP 2086.

After reading some of the instructions on how to use the abilities briefly, Asner released the Invisibility cloak and the mask from the storage space. He then wore them and left the house unnoticed by his father or of any foundation member that was spying and monitoring their lives.

It was night, and time for Asner to save innocent people and kill those man-eating buses. And hopefully, he could kill those insects before the foundation was alerted and take precautionary measures by dousing the people with A-class amnestics.