Chapter 16

AN: I want to cry in jealousy and saltiness.

Aghh... 😩😭😭 FGO is a source of my saltiness and misery. 150 Saint Quartz and 8 tickets went down the drain because of Godjuna. I have been miserable this time just like when I didn't the Kama. Now, I am suffering again.

I would never believe in superstition again and play an Indian Song so that I can summon him. No more SQ's for me to summon him. Gacha hell is a Gacha hell.

I am feeling SALTY right now.

Note: Sorry for my ranting. 😅

I wonder what new servants and story would be in the new lost belt 6 in JP? Gonna watch the live broadcast today.

______________________

Chapter 16: Research Vacation

       Ansell was staring outside the window. Clouds are drifting lazily behind it. Beside him, his son was sleeping on his seat. And behind him are his colleagues in the university. This wasn't how he expected that the last few days of July would be spent. Going in another country because of a Collaboration of Universities between two countries.

That day, it was a surprise that the old professor Albertson informed him of the collaboration. He among the other newest professor in the Academy was invited. He didn't expect his former processor to invite him in the collaboration.

But now, here he is together with his other colleagues on the airplane together with the old professor. Ansell's eyes drifted to his sleeping son and sighed. After the first meeting with his grandparents on his mother's side, the correspondence hasn't stopped. Asner together with him still meets his parents-in-law occasionally. Unlike the first meeting, it wasn't awkward or strained on his part.

Ansell learned to bear with his insecurities and worries. He saw how his parents-in-law were glad every time they meet Asner. With their happy and fond expressions, Ansell can't bear to be the one who would keep the few happiness away from their life. They are already sold, and they were his wife's parents, it would be disrespectful of his wife's memories if he would keep Asner away from them. In regards to his son, Asner was also happy when he met his grandparents when he got over his awkwardness.

Asner would talk about his grandparents about some of his interests. Like the different breeds of cats and dogs, delicious foods and desserts, and popular songs and Telly shows that was revolving around the entertainment industry.

Lately, his son recently talk about some Anime and games that were released. It was a surprise for Ansell that his son would take interest in those things. But it wasn't unexpected. Hopefully, he can steer his son away from the so-called hentai genre of those called Anime from Japan. It would be a bad influence on him. And he was too young to see those things.

Ansell was planning to leave Asner to his grandparents. But upon informing of it and the collaboration between universities, Asner insists on going with him. Ansell has no choice but to accept his decision. And he was also feeling happy about the decision of his son. No matter how he doesn't want to admit it out loud.

Ansell then went to inform his parents-in-law about the university collaboration and how they would need to go to the USA. He also informed them that it would at least 2 weeks that they would be spending their time there. They weren't glad about it but learn to accept it.

Before the flight, his parent-in-laws decided to send him off to the airport together with his son and they also meet his colleagues. His mother-in-law didn't forget to recommend someplace to stay, food that they would eat, and places that they need to visit in case that Ansell would like to have a bonding time and explore different places there with his son.

Now that he was in the airplane and looking at his son sleeping, Ansell thought that he would check out the recommended places and foods that his mother-in-law said to him. He hoped that the university collaboration wouldn't take a long time. Aside from going into that famous university, Ansell learned that there would be also some representatives from companies that would attend. Other than a university collaboration, there is a research collaboration and knowledge exchange, hence, it explained the presence of those companies and their representatives.

Some of the companies that the old professor Albertson has mentioned to him were Secure Canadian Prototype testing facilities, Anderson Robotics, Neo Prometheus, Plugsoft, Dream Technology, and Trismegistus Translation & Transportation.

Other universities would attend in the collaboration which was some of the other famous universities in the world. And there were also those unknown ones like Alexylva University and Deer College.

Ansell didn't expect that he would involve in this kind of event. There would be a lot of people attending. He was flattered that the old professor has invited him on this and he was grateful towards the old professor. He couldn't also wait and see what would happen in the event and learn some new things from the other people that would attend.

Ansell can hear some of his colleagues muttering behind his seat. He couldn't hear the old professor, so he was asleep. Gazing at his sleeping son again, Ansell decided that it was a good idea to sleep like his son and the old professor. Ansell doesn't want to suffer from Jet lag once they arrive in the United States. He close his eyes and sighed. Later, Ansell was sleeping beside his son.

It also happened the moment that the System decided to disturb Asner's peaceful rest with the familiar and irritating notification sound and voice of the system.

{ Mission of the Unusualness has been refreshed }

{ 2nd Mission of the Unusualness has been gathered}

[ Mission of the Unusualness

1. Befriend Chtulhu

Reward: 3,000 points

2. Give reluctant dimension hopper a gift

Reward: 5,000 points

3. Visit the Carnival of Horrors and remain there for 8 hours

Reward: 9, 000 points & specialized calming song

4. Visit a dream of foundation personnel and meet the dream man on the foundation personnel's dream

Reward: 12,000 points & Psyche Repair Level 1

5. Find the infinite Ikea and remain there for 3 weeks

Reward: 15,000 points & Space Compaction and Expansion Level 1      ]