Chapter 33

AN: Skip the rant if you want.

Guess What?

Who's Salty?

Who has got a Berserker Lancelot spook last week and a bunch of 4 & 5 Star CEs?

It's me.....

And who has the Nitocris spook and a bunch of CEs?

It's me again...

.... I'm so SALTY again.

So I guess... I'm gonna go back to farming and clearing all of the free quests... again.

Next week is my LAST CHANCE to get the freaking smug Memelin Wizard who would refuse to come out of the garden of Avalon and come home to my Chaldea. Another one week and last chance. It was just like the Kama all over again... I'm so SALTY over Merlin right now. My 1 ticket and 30 Saint Quartz... I'm just a F2P player. Paying for GSSR banners is impossible for me. If Merlin, didn't appear on his remaining last summer banner on this Las Vegas event, I guess I would just give up on buster support servants and just wait for Castoria to arrive and there was the Ammo goddess Vitch koyanskaya.

Anyway, I want to have OBERON. Must have him in the future!! He was already adorable in his first art. Then that freaking revealed and I need him.

Sigh. If only Waver was the one who spooks the banner and not Nitocris.

Back to FARMING ... Gonna abuse the bonds, rank up quests, and interludes of my Servants. And I am also already freaking tired of the QP Farming in Las Vegas but I wanted to finish it. Hopefully, I would find a motivation to finish it other than Saber Hokusai.

I skipped the swimsuit servants because of Merlin. 😭😭😭

Chapter 33: Meeting in September

  The month of September came, and the MTF Omega-7 has been returned to the sites from their recent Missions. Iris has been returned to Site-17. After that, she has experienced another session with Dr. Dantensen. Asking her various basic Psychological questions. Iris thought that Dr. Dantensen was genuinely concerned and worried for her health. That what he shows her wasn't a mere facade. Dr. Dantensen is different from the other doctors and researchers of the foundation— She wanted to believe that it was true. Dr. Dantensen is the one who has been handling her Psychological check-up for a few months. Compared to the other researchers before him, he was a lot better than them.

She has been here at the foundation since last year. It was beyond her expectations to be charged in a crime that she didn't cause and be contained in the foundation. She often wondered if the culprit has been captured. If there was Justice for him. Or maybe, it was really cruel that they believed that it was her that killed him. Iris knows that she didn't kill him. She would never kill him. Never.

The foundation was a powerful organization. Iris hoped that they at least did something on that to prove that she was innocent and Justice would be served for his death. But it was a futile hope. If they did that, they would even have some kind of veiled excuse for her to be brought in the foundation other than the regular usage of Amnestics. Are her parents still thinking of her at all? Or did they forget her because of Amnestics?

Iris wasn't certain. She was both fearful and hopeful of the day that she would meet her parents again.

After the regular mental health evaluation from Dr. Dantensen, Iris has been invited again to eat in one of the cafeterias in Site-17 just like the last time. She doesn't know if this was just a regular genuine invitation or a manipulation of him to lose her guard and wariness towards him. Iris decided to accept the offer as she didn't instantly want to be returned to her 'room'. She wanted to walk for a while. It didn't matter if there were a lot of people in the cafeteria and there was that kind of people who look at her with cold gazes.

She wanted to take her mind off a while for what happened on their recent mission. Just thinking about it made her sick. They told her that Team Iris was a scouting group. She knows the possibility that they would encounter unfavorable circumstances. But she hoped... She thought optimistically and idiotically that she wouldn't—

Iris stared at her hands with a hollow gaze. She didn't realize that they already arrived at one of the cafeterias in Site-17. It was getting hard to breathe. Her hands are starting to shake.

" Iris? "

Now, she didn't want to walk.

" You're shaking... "

She wanted to be alone. In a place that doesn't have many people. Out of this place. Out of the grasp of the foundation.

There were murmurs. Iris can't hear them. Dr. Dantensen spoke loudly. She doesn't know if it was towards the people around them or it was addressed to her. She wanted to move. But she found out that she can't even move her body. The red in her hand doesn't still disappear. If she didn't fight, she would be dead. A part of her mind reasoned. But another part thought that she still killed someone.

She was—

[ Omae wa Mou Shindeiru

Utsumuita Kono Modelo Tonton tataita no wa
Kimi nano kana? China no kana?
I wo aketai no ni made known da... ]

In the murmurs and worried voice of Dr. Dantensen, it was the sound of something unusual that brought her out of her panic. A cutesy-sounding Japanese song that was unfamiliar to her. Iris decided to focus on that song to get out of her morbid thoughts and panic. She followed the sound of the song and found herself staring at the child that she have seen a few times. Iris also noted that she would only see him in the cafeteria. Sometimes, she was accompanied by a lady from the accounting department. But he would be always beside the stoic-looking man who Iris found to bear some resemblance to him.

It was unusual to see a child in the foundation. All of them know that he was probably anomalous like all of the other SCP that was contained in the foundation. Iris doesn't know his circumstances. But as she stared at the kid who was much younger than her, she couldn't help but feel pity and sympathy for the child. And it also filled her head with hate and anger towards the foundation. Nothing seems to stop them.

Iris entertained the thought of approaching the child once. But she decided against it. She didn't want the child dragged into her situation. If his abilities are useful, she didn't want her to be the reason for her to be pulled into the MTF Omega-7.

Now, the child was just a few distances away from her. His left hand was being grasped by the man– his father who was always by his side. His other hand was holding a cellphone that was continuously and repeatedly playing the cutesy and unfamiliar Japanese song. The child smiled slightly at her.

To her surprise she found herself smiling back and asking.

" What's the name of the song? "

" Omae wa Mou Shindeiru. "

The child replied. Dr. Dantensen beside her groaned in frustration.