Chapter 27

Chapter 27: Prevention of the Canon

Site-17 is a major foundation facility. It was a facility primarily focused on the containment and study of low-risk Anomalous humans and humanoid entities. Yet, there are some exceptions. Site-17 also contained non-human anomalies in the site's storage. As Site-17 is a humanitarian focus facility, the site contains a large number of permanent staff that are medical and psychiatric professionals.

The Site-17's Director was also one of what some people dubbed as the Four Apocalypse of the foundation. Dr. Kondraki, also known as the king of booooterflies.

It's been 4 days since Asner and his father has started living in the foundation. 5 days since his father decided to make a contract with the foundation. His father is now a level 1 clearance foundation personnel on the accounting department of the foundation. The accounting department was also at Site-17. Since the 1st day, Asner has been accompanying his father everywhere. He has been on his side as his father attended the orientation of the Accounting Department. He follows where his father goes and join in eating with him within one of the Site-17's cafeteria. Even it was under the gazes of prying and curious eyes of foundation Personnel. Asner couldn't find fault with their curious gazes. It wasn't likely a common occurrence that you would encounter a child in the foundation unless they are an SCP. Asner hoped that preconceived notion on his former world about children as a D class or serving as a feed to some SCPs is false. He hoped that it wasn't a reality.

Asner knows that coming to the foundation is a bad idea. He doesn't like the idea of having his freedom restricted. But then his previous plan... He doesn't want the result of that.

Running away and being away from his father... Asner wavered when his father proposed his plan.

" Asner, is something wrong? "

Asner raise his head and stared under the worried eyes of his father. Currently, they were in the cafeteria and were eating lunch together in one of the cafeterias.

" I am worried about the future. "

Asner sighed. It was partially true and part false. In some part since learning the truth of this world- where part of SCP Universe is he part of, he was horrified to learn that he was in that Canon. And there was also that particular event, that the dream man has somewhat predicted that he was afraid of.

His father stared at him for a moment and nodded his head slightly. He then gives his hand a tentative squeeze. Asner was thankful that he doesn't bother to question or elaborate since there were also other people within the vicinity. It would be bad if they heard him.

Asner wasn't lying to his father when he said that he was worried about the future. That event that he was wary of would happen in 3 years. He doesn't know if the result of that event would cause him to disappear from this world or not. He was an anomaly within the world of anomalies just like the dream man have said. Asner wasn't certain if that particular SCP would correct this world and remove him since he knows that he shouldn't have existed here. If there was a chance that he would be erased and have his existence deleted, Asner wanted to find a way out to avoid that situation.

And before that particular event in 3 years could happen, there are other events that Asner needed to watch out for.

Staying here in the foundation while those events transpired would be a bad move. But it was a worthy exchange if he could and would be able to avoid being wiped out of his existence 3 years from now on.

While he was eating with his father, they were suddenly approached by someone.

" Hello Graves, could I eat lunch with you and your son? "

Both the father and son stared at the person. The moment that Asner stared at her, he recognized her as that nervous and bipolar stammering wreck during the accounting orientation who keep muttering beside them that this isn't her dream and job and how she hated math, equations, and statistics with vengeance.

[ Name: Melinda Stove
Age: 27 ]

Asner also thought as he look at her appearance that she looks like that she have experienced something very traumatizing. Like being a victim by one of the SCPs, but Asner knows that she wasn't. It was just that she has been designated with many paperwork and financial statements like his father.

Unlike his father that looks fine, just like what she has proclaimed in the orientation, being designated in the Accounting Department must be a nightmare for her who hated math, equations, statistics, and calculations.

Asner watched his father nod his head slightly.

" Thanks. "

Ms. Melissa then sat on the opposite side of the table and not beside them. Asner was grateful for that. He knows that it would take time for his father to adjust despite him doing fine in the accounting department and successfully making a contract with the foundation.

Asner knows that his father wouldn't trust anyone in the foundation. It would be a bad idea after all.

A few minutes later, Asner ate his lunch while Ms. Melissa complained about being in the accounting department and it wasn't at all. She thought that she was suited in any department but not any department that has to do with extreme maths and calculations. After that, she started telling his father about some gossips in their department. And the gossips that she heard outside of their department.

While his father was entertaining his new fellow employee, Asner glance at the surroundings. Maybe, Asner shouldn't be surprised when he has seen her. He was in the Site-17 after all.

Yet he couldn't help but widen his eyes when he saw her walking dress in some kind of combat uniform while talking with a researcher. She was holding a camera while she was walking with that person with her. Asner thought that she looks so young. Just a teenager. And probably just captured last year. She was frowning and talking with the person wearing a frustrated expression on her face.

Iris Thompson was still part of Omega-7 and will remain at that until she can't bear it anymore and Dr. Dantensen convince her to fake that she lose her Anomalous Abilities and she would retrieve by her former teammates and that Incident would happen.

Asner sighed. He felt that he lose his appetite. Iris Thompson didn't deserve to suffer just like some other SCPs captured by the Foundation. He felt sympathetic towards her. But he knows that sympathy would do nothing in this foundation and her current situation.