Chapter 45

AN: (=^=) Sorry guys that I am not able to update for the last months. There are so many tasks piled upon us from school.

And maybe, this would be one of the only updates that I would be able to make in November for this fanfiction. Hopefully once the vacation in December starts, I would be able to upload 1 or 3 chapter updates for all of December for this fanfiction. (T^T)

I'm sorry.

Chapter 45: Adjustment

In this world, Asner recently found out that there are conclaves due to the recent mission given by the system. Conclaves are just like those secret magical communities just like in those Harry Potter worlds.  A secret society unknown to normal humans and asylum to seek refugees for people who didn't feel that they belong in the normal world. Other than that, conclaves are a place for humans and anomalies to coexist.. together. As possibly as they can.

Asner pondered on the thought for a while before feelings of regret started to overcome him. He thought to himself that It feels like he have missed an important opportunity. If he has known it earlier, maybe...

He and his father wouldn't make a deal with the foundation and not staying here right now?

Asner shook his head and sighed as he watched his father doing some random paperwork for the foundation with Miss Melissa. Currently, both of them are frowning intensely at the files that were given to them to sort out by one of the managers of the accounting department of the foundation. Asner has taken a peek one time at their work and decided that he would just leave his father alone and remain obediently sitting and waiting for him till he finishes the work assigned to him with Melissa.

There are too many much and business terms that were very confusing to him to understand that was contained on that paperwork. Just looking at them makes Asner feel he would have a migraine and be attacked by a sudden bout of dizziness. Not because those files contained any negative anomalous effect. If it would have, he would have already burned the papers once his father have touched them and reacted in a nonpositive matter.

As Asner has his mind wandering again, he quickly gets back to the subject of his thoughts before. Learning that there were conclaves in this world and he was feeling regretful about it earlier.

There was the thought of 'if he have known it earlier... probably, he and his father wouldn't be staying here in the foundation right now. If he have tried and was determined enough, he and his father could get out of the foundation and stay out of this place.

Asner revealed a self-mocking smile on his face and quickly took out that expression before someone glanced in his direction.

Asner quickly shook his head out of those thoughts, there's no use of him crying over the spilled milk. There's no use in him thinking of ifs and what-ifs. Thinking of his regrets wouldn't be particularly useful at all.

Even there was the existence of those conclaves, there was a reason why Asner and his father stayed here in the foundation in the first place. Asner reminded himself. It was to observe and maybe try to prevent that important event from happening in the first place.

On the other hand, even if they stay on those conclaves, it would still be under the observation of the foundation. Even the previous unknown ones would eventually fall under their eyes.

Asner sighed. Finally, he decided to close his eyes and use skill to observe what was happening with his clones and the current mission. Even though that, it was unusual that the clones would develop their quirks and personalities, Asner doesn't find it disturbing. Since he realize that he exist in a world full of anomalies and currently live in a place where it was previously fictional to his previous world, Asner came to accept that many strange things could happen and be possible to exist.

Adapting and being used to the events was better than fearful. Asner thought to himself. Through, he considers that he was a hypocrite in that regard. He was still afraid of many things that exist in this world and he thought that he wasn't adapted to every situation and everything that this world has to offer.

‘Baby Steps, Baby steps’.

Asner repeatedly thought on his mind. Even it was small progress, he promise himself that he would become better.

As Asner closed his eyes, depictions of people and strange surroundings slowly formed on his mind. His skill is already working.

------------------------

When they suddenly felt a strange feeling. It registered on their minds that someone was watching them. The feeling didn't come from their surroundings but from within them. It didn't feel oppressive and apathetic. The gaze on them felt curious.

All of them instantly know the identity of their watcher.

  " The creator is watching! "

Oscar muttered with a smile on his face. At the reproachful stare of the other clones, most of all, Xie Loan, he quickly apologize and look at the surroundings.

Thankfully, it seems that none of the people and strange beings around them have heard of what he said. They also didn't look that they were particularly paying attention to their surroundings either.

It would be strange for some people. But for Oscar, it wasn't. If he was listening to the person or should he say being who was giving guidelines or instructions in front of them,  they would already be falling asleep. A deer-headed creature was currently explaining the procedures and requirements to join the Deer College to them here in the 3 Portlands.

Earlier, they have entered the 3 Portlands through one of the possible gateways to this place. That one of the possible gateways was located in the isles of Portland in the UK. Oscar concluded that the reason why this pocket universe was called 3 Portlands was that this place was accessible through those Portlands places from the normal world. It seems logical and reasonable. Oscar concluded to himself.

While Oscar was thinking, he notice that Xie Loan was giving him a stare that seems to embed itself on him. It was uncomfortable.

Gazing at his surroundings, he notices the strange being already finished his speech. Other people were around his physical age lining up together and heading towards some unknown place in this learning facility known as Deer College.

Sighing, he decided to follow those other people. He notices Salazar and Alastor nodding their heads. Good, that meant that he was right in his conclusion. While he was heading to the place where the other people of his age are going, the silhouette of his fellow clones is getting farther and farther.

There was also a thought in his mind that why did the creator choose him for this task? He didn't like this type of place at all. It wasn't lively and gave him a reinvigorating feeling. For him, this type of environment feels monotonous. Salazar would probably fit more in this environment.

Unknown to Oscar, Asner who was currently watching them could also feel and know some of their thoughts due to them being his clone. Asner felt amused by the thoughts of this particular clone since he was like a mischievous child. On the other hand, he also felt worried that the clone didn't like being put in this kind of environment which was strange considering that the other 3 clones doesn't have any complaints about their task.

Hopefully, Oscar would soon adjust to the task and the Deer College once he was accepted.