Chapter 25

Chapter 25: Dr. MacWarren

SCP-7007

Item #: SCP 7007
Object Class: Keter? (Thaumiel— Potential? )

Special Containment Procedures:

SCP-7007 is currently housed at Site-17. Allowed to nonrestricted facility locations at the site and communicate with Foundation personnel. Due to unusual circumstances and events, SCP-7007 is accompanied by Mr. Ansell recent foundation personnel from Accounting Department. Both Mr. Ansell and SCP-7007 are to be monitored by Mobile Task Force soldiers when they are in their houses. Their room was implanted with monitoring devices except for the bathroom according to one of the agreements.

Scranton Reality Anchors are found out to be not working during one of the one times that SCP-7007 used its ability. One of the technicians checked that it was functioning and doesn't have any complications after the Record Log Incident SCP-7007 AGJE.

Dr. MacWarren is the official researcher assigned to SCP-7007. He would also report or coordinate with Dr. Gears if necessary. Dr. Edison would serve as the secondary researcher and Dr. Aeish as his assistant.

Description:

SCP-7007 is a male child of European descent. Onyx black hair and blue-colored eyes. SCP-7007 is a very strange reality bender and was theorized to have multiple abilities. SCP-7007 is recently contained by the Foundation, so far the only Ability that researchers have seen he can do was summoning SCP-7007 -3 which SCP-7007 called contract paper. Mr. Ansell explained that any contract written to SCP-7007 must be upheld because there are grave consequences when the contract was violated. SCP-7007 has also been theorized to have SCP-7007- 2. A special type of sleeping gas that causes people to enter a 'paused' state within 3 days.

SCP-7007 is recently contained. The foundation hasn't still enough data to record on this file concerning SCP-7007's abilities.

According to the agreement, SCP-7007 would be started to be interviewed after 7 days of arrival in the foundation. The interview must be also conducted on Saturday and Sunday only. Any researcher can't also force SCP-7007 to use his ability according to the agreement.

__________________

   Dr. MacWarren went to one of the cafeterias of Site 19 after feeding mochi one of the biscuits. Today, he woke up at exactly 10:00 am sharp just like his other normal days. After lining up and picking properly healthy and balanced food, he went to sit on one of the tables.

He was lost in thought as he held his fork and spoon. It was unexpected that he would be given a new assignment. But since he was called to interview the first time, he should expect that he would be involved. Except for Dr. Gears, he and Dr. Edison was probably the researcher with the highest clearance at that time. But between the 2 of them, he was the one chosen to become the main researcher on SCP-7007.

If he says that between the two of them, that he wouldn't be expected to be chosen, then he knows that he was considered to be lying. It was to be expected that between him and Dr. Edison of Metafiction Department who was frequently sent to the Antarctic on Site ⬛ because of his offenses, then it was obvious that would be the one that the O-5 would prefer than Dr. Edison.

He doesn't know if he should feel grateful or not for being assigned another task of studying an SCP. Dr. MacWarren was intrigued by SCP-7007. That, he could admit. But it wasn't pleasant to think that there would be obstructions because of that fascinating and frustrating contract paper. There was also Mr. Ansell who blackmailed his way of getting into the institution. He was impressed by his audacity and nerves. Never would he thought that someone would have the gall... He wonders if the council was planning to off Mr. Ansell once they found an opportunity.

Dr. MacWarren wonders why he and his son haven't gone to the Serpents Hand but first approached the foundation. But maybe it has to do with the Wanderer's Library location. It was hard to find after all.

Dr. MacWarren shook out of his thoughts and glance at his brunch. He finally decided to take his first bite of the food before it becomes fully cold.

Site 19 was the biggest so Dr. MacWarren wasn't surprised by the number of people in one of the cafeterias even it was already past 10:00 am. Yet despite the number of people, no researcher or any foundation personnel decided to sit with him.

Dr. MacWarren was used to this Occurrence. He was used to the fact that his fellow researchers avoided him like a plague. And feel uncomfortable and unnerved by him. He knows that it wasn't a usual problem. And it was probably its fault. One thing or two that you would learn in the foundation was that some researchers are not just a bland, normal, and generic bunch of a group. Some researchers stood out than others because of their unusualness.

Be it behavior, eccentricity, or something.

Some of those researchers are a bit mad like Dr. Mann. There was also those chaotic type like Dr. Bright. And there were also those cool badasses and annoying shits at the same time like Dr. Kondraki and Clef.

Him, he was probably one of those considered to be eccentric researchers within the foundation. Not because he was a badass. Or a mad doctor and a chaotic and amoral person like Dr. Bright.

Dr. MacWarren briefly made eye contact with one of the researchers. A junior researcher that he doesn't know the name of. He watched the said researcher avert his gaze, lose his appetite, and scampered away from the cafeteria.

Dr. MacWarren raise his fork and stared at them. He watched his reflection flicker for a moment before it change to that strange anomalous entity before it returns to normal again.

" Abraxas, tone it down. We are currently at the cafeteria, not in my office. "

[ Orders receive, Dr. MacWarren ]

Dr. MacWarren keep his head down and resumed his eating. But apparently, he can't do that when he heard a familiar voice that was toned with a hint of sarcasm.

" Creeping the Juniors with your Anomalous assistant turned AI construct for your department again? "

Dr. MacWarren raises his head and comes face to face with Dr. Iceberg. Dr. Gear's research assistant.

" I assume that you have been here because of Dr. Gears? "

The scoff was the only thing that he needed for confirmation.

" You're already occupied with your current SCP research Dr. MacWarren. And then I heard from him that you have been assigned to a recently contained SCP in Site-17. "

Dr. MacWarren heard the harsh and biting tone. Just like when dealing with Abraxas if it was causing distress to people around him, Dr. MacWarren learned to ignore them.

But maybe he shouldn't ignore Dr. Iceberg or ask him to do his paperwork when he finally decided to not ignore Dr. Iceberg. That day, Dr. Iceberg made a mess on a small part of the cafeteria due to his burning Molotov Cocktail.