6 - Home Sweet Home

The building that the four now stood in front of was no stranger than the skyscrapers that they had left behind in the city. It had the same colour scheme as well, the base of the structure was a deep jet black while the outside accents were a pristine white. It reminded Fischer of one of those super fancy yachts than you'd see belonging to a billionaire playboy. The base of the building was almost like a rectangle mixed with an oval, it had two longer sides as well as two short sides but the walls were all curved.  A roof shaped like a crest or wave sat on top of the structure.

"Wow," Fischer mumbled. 

Kori looked over at him with a smirk. 

"You really are new round here aren't you? If you're impressed by this then I'd love to see your reaction to the Lapiz House," he chuckled. 

"What's that?"

"One of the richest buildings in the whole city. Owned by your local jackass of course,"

"Guy's name is Presco. He's one of the richest people on the planet and corrupt as all hell. He's bad news. But the Lapiz is an incredibly beautiful sight. Can't forget it once you've seen it," Quin stated.

"Anyway, here we are." Kori said. Moving up to what Fischer assumed was a door, he flipped a small switch on the wall. A quick hissing sound escaped from the panel before the door slid open, revealing the inside of the house. 

The four of them entered and Fischer felt a chill run down his spine as he took in everything around them. The insides of the house actually seemed rather similar to what he had seen of super expensive houses back on Earth, just with way more curvy architecture.

"Hey Trik! We're back!" Kori yelled. Before Fischer could ask who 'Trik' was, another creature moved out from behind the corner to greet them. 

It was the same species as Quin and Kori. This one had similar colours to Quin, except with more of a purple tint to it's skin. it's eyes were a bright red on top of a cool aqua, the latter being a similar shade to Ko's eyes. It was carrying a plate and what looked to be some sort of flannel or cloth but appeared to be made out of small hexagons. Along it's left arm was a cast or splint of some sort, possibly for a broken arm. Just like the other two, it had a streak of bio luminescent lights running down it's arms and face as well as it's tail.

That was when Fischer noticed something rather peculiar. This Carcan along with Kori had the same pattern of lights running along their face, two streaks that ran on the top of their heads down to their eyes. However Quin instead had more of a cluster of lights around her right eye. He wanted to ask about it but figured that could wait until after introductions.

The carcan stopped what it was doing and locked eyes with Fischer. He immediately felt the hairs on the back of his head stand up as it's steel gaze bit into him. 

"Kori. . ." It began, a look of frustration on it's face. It's voice sounded feminine, but unlike Quin. It almost seemed to have an Australian accent to it. Come to think of it, Kori also seemed to sound a little Australian. Not easily distinguishable, but enough to be convincing. 

"Trikka, this is Ko and Fischer. Guys, this is my big sis, Trikka," Kori chirped, introducing them. 

"For the love of god Kori not this again. Don't tell me you're going to fall in love with these two as well?" 

Quin let out a short giggle at Trikka's remark.

"Haha, very funny. We found them wandering the streets of the city, or rather, they found us. You won't believe it, but Fischer here thinks he's from Earth. And that they came through an everglow," Kori explained. Fischer didn't have a hard time picking out the slight sarcasm in his voice.

"Thinks?" He interjected. 

"Oh, uhh, sorry. Says he's from Earth."

Trikka's expression went from frustration to confusion. 

"Right. . . well that's besides the point, you can't keep bringing people to our home Kori. Quin was an exception. This can't become a hobby of yours," she exasperated. 

"It won't Trik. Look, these two didn't even know what planet they were on. They wouldn't have lasted long out there on their own. They need our help. Hell Ko here didn't even know what species she was. Clearly these two aren't just normal travellers. 

As they debated, Fischer felt a slight nudge at his side and saw Ko had shuffled a little closer to him. Her gaze was firmly locked onto the two giant carcans and her eyes were still slit like a cat's. In fact they had been like that ever since they met Quin and Kori. 

Fischer wasn't the only one who noticed Ko's actions. Quin Looked over at her and flashed them a small smile. She had an oddly comforting personality, even when the other two were bickering back and forth. 

"They get like this from time to time, don't worry. Can't say from experience but it's what siblings do."

The two carcans stared at each other for a few seconds before-

"Alright. Fine. They can stay for a night. One night. Just until they're able to get back on their feet. We aren't a hotel Kori. I love you and realise that you're trying to be nice but we can't keep doing this. This is the last time ok?" Trikka sigh. 

"Of course. Trust me, we didn't plan on bringing these two along. It kinda just. . . happened." Kori replied. 

"Right," she said scoffing. She turned her attention back onto Fischer and Ko. "Sorry about that, wasn't exactly the best first impression. Anyway, I'm Trikka, nice to meet the both of you."

"Thanks. Nice to meet you too," Fischer replied. 

She looked over at Ko who was staring right back at her with slit pupils, still standing as close as she could to Fischer.

"Oh, a little shy are we?" she coaxed. 

"Yea, she's not much of a chatterbox," Kori explained. 

"Right, that's ok then. It'll be nice to have someone who knows how to keep there mouth shut round here," the carcan giggled, eyeing her brother who gave her a raised eyebrow in return.

"Anyway, I'll get the stove on. You two look rather hungry," she stated, heading towards what looked to be the kitchen. 

"Well, why don't you guys take a seat. I won't lie, I think we both have a bit of explaining to do," Kori said, pointing a thumb over to a table that appeared to be made of a glowing transparent material. It was surrounded by two couches as well as a few fluffy round seats.

The four of them sat down around the table and for the first time in days, Fischer felt at ease. The couch seemed to swallow him up, being made for people who were a lot bigger than he was. 

"Now then. Earth. I suppose you're a bit confused as to why we find it so difficult to believe you're actually from there right? No offence," Kori said.

Fischer gave a slight nod, sitting upright. 

"Well then. You might want to strap yourself in. . ."