22 - Into The Abyss

"So let me get this straight. . . you lot are all here because she was having weird visions and one of those visions showed a desert and another one kept telling her some numbers which just happened to correlate with the name of this planet and so you all decided to travel halfway across the galaxy to reach said planet and now you're here?" Spatch asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Uh. . . yea. . ." Fischer hesitantly stated. 

Spatch nodded his head slowly and puckered his lips, clearly not buying in to the whole visions thing. 

"It's complicated. . . right now we're just basically looking around for anything that might give us some clues to what exactly is going on in her head. This is the closest we've come to finding any answers," he continued. 

Spatch looked over at Ko who was holding one of her arms timidly and doing her best to avoid any eye contact. 

"Well, that's certainly an. . . interesting. . . story to say the least. I'm assuming I would be correct in assuming that you all aren't too familiar with this place either?" He asked.

The others all nodded their heads.

"Well then. I haven't been here too long myself so it could be nice to have some company. And as I'm sure you're all aware, strength in numbers is never really a bad thing," he continued.

"I guess so. How deep have you been?" Kori asked as the group regained their momentum and headed towards the stone sculpture's chest hallway.

"Not much further than this. I heard arguing and headed back as soon as I could. Just as I got here I saw Quin take a dive and. . . well you know the rest."

The group entered into the hallway when all of a sudden, torches on the walls lit up by themselves, blue and orange flames dancing down the tunnel.

"Woa woa. . . what the hell?" Quin stuttered.

The group looked on down the hall, none of them quite sure what to make of the scene they had just witnessed. 

"Am I seeing things? Or did. . . did those torches just ignite on their own?" Fischer asked with a nervous chuckle. 

Kori and Spatch both walked up to one of the torches and began investigating it. Waving his hand over the top of the flame, Spatch let out a small yelp and immediately retracted his arm as he confirmed that it was in fact real fire.

"Yea that's not creepy at all," Quin stated.

"So. . . I guess we go that way?" Kori shrugged pointing over his shoulder.

Ko stood there in silence as she tried to take in everything that was going on. At least she was fairly certain now that it wasn't just her head playing tricks on her. This was about as real as it could get. 

"Hey, Blue. You alright?" Kori asked as they walked. She nodded her head but avoided any eye contact.

He turned to Fischer and shrugged slightly with a frown plastered on his face. Fischer figured that Ko really wasn't in the right mood or state of mind to be discussing any of that right now, so he looked for topics that he could change the subject to. 

"So. . . Spatch. What were you even doing all the way out here anyway?" Fischer asked.

"Well, honestly I kinda just stumbled across this place. I've always had a thing for the Rift. My father used to be a great adventurer, he travelled all around the galaxy in search of uncharted and remote planets to document and all that. So in my spare time, I like to do a bit of the same. I was just cruising honestly and happened upon this planet here. Flew around for a bit, spotted the entrance to this temple which really peaked my interest and thought I'd take a bit of a look. It's not every day you discover a long lost temple in the middle of dead space. I'm pretty sure this hasn't ever been documented either. Or not to my knowledge at least."