31 - Wishes

"You know, it's not every day I get to spend time with my favourite space alien like this. I'm not sure I could think of a better way to spend the night honestly," Fischer asserted. 

"You're such a sweet heart," Ko giggled as she snuggled up next to him. Warm fire behind them covered their backs in a soothing heat that drowned out the cold of the night. 

"Only for you," he cooed. He could feel her snout rubbing gently against his neck, then the coolness of her lips as she pecked him on the cheek. 

"I'd hope so. After all it is just us out here. No-one else for miles. All alone."

Her last few words carried a bit more weight to them. They were slightly more solemn. But her happiness quickly returned when he tapped her snout gently with his finger.

"Hey! No booping!" She laughed. 

"Aww c'mon, you know it's funny," he grinned.

"Yea but. . . well. . . ok fine. One boop then."

She leaned forwards and presented her nose to him. Instead of tapping her again however he quickly leaned forwards and gave her a small kiss on the cheek. 

She recoiled in surprise and shook her head as a small sneeze escaped her nose. "Hey! That wasn't what I meant!"

"Ah, but you never said which part I could boop with now did you?" Fischer gleefully stated.

"Oh yea? Well how about. . . this!" She beamed as she kissed him on the lips. Fischer felt his heart skip a beat suddenly and had to do a double take. The two of them quickly burst into laughter.

 Once they had settled down, Fischer felt her hands gently clasp his back. He cupped her neck just below her arc collar in retaliation and the two of them looked each other in the eyes. Her cloak was wrapped around both of them now and acted like a blanket. Her bright blue cerulean eyes drowned out the cold and her warm smile filled him with joy. The two leaned closer and their foreheads touched. Both of them with smiles the size of planets on their faces. They held each other for a few seconds before Ko shifted her head and kissed him gently once more. 

In the moment everything seemed to turn to static. The fire behind them no longer existed, the snow beneath them no longer cold. The deep purple sky above them no longer visible. Just the zapher in front of him, her arms around him and her lips on his. Nothing else mattered. Nothing else need to matter. They had each other, and that was it. 

They opened their eyes once more and Ko let out a sweet little giggle. 

"Hey! Look! Shooting star!" Fischer exclaimed, pointing to the sky. A bright blue orb shot past them at lightning speeds, disappearing into the night sky. 

"Aww! It's so pretty!" She beamed. 

"Ya gotta make a wish now!" 

Ko pondered for a bit. "Hmm. . . I wish. . . I wish for a million pancakes!"

Her response sent Fischer into a fit of laughter, she too soon followed. "I wish you'd try some of my other food!" He jested.

"What other food? You've only made pancakes! Unless you want me to eat you up!"

"Eat me? Ha! You wouldn't hurt a fly!"

She chuckled and rolled over onto the snow, now on all fours. "You sure about that Mr Fischer?" 

"Oh no, a big, scary, sweet, adorable little monster! What ever shall I do?" He chortled with glee.

Ko grinned in an adorably evil way and started to slowly crawl towards him, mimicking a monster.