7.Composing and rehearsals

Surrey, England
Grace's POV

Today was Monday and it was the first day of rehearsal for the tour

Today was Monday and it was the first day of rehearsal for the tour. We plan to start with the choreographies and to practice with the band.

I pulled up in the dance studio that we have rented for the month and saw Sophia walking towards my car. I rolled down my window and she greeted me.'Hi Gracey, it's the first time that you are on time for something'.

I rolled my eyes at her.'I have to come here early because I had to visit mom before she went to work'. I told her. My mom and I were very close so I always try to spend as much time as I can with her. She's a busy family lawyer so she always had a case to see or paperwork to do, so I always tried to have one on ones when she was free. She was like my best friend and I could tell her everything, kind of ironic since I couldn't speak with her about my love life and some feelings so I wrote them into songs.

I got out of the car and together we entered the studio that will be our "home" for the next month or so. We planned on rehearsing for a month since we needed to practice a lot of things and I wasn't that good at dancing so maybe that has something to do with the duration.

'Oh hi, I think it's the first time we met in person'. A short guy, well not shorter than my 5'3, with some Japanese features greeted me. I knew exactly who he was and was very grateful that he had accepted my proposal to be my choreographer. 'I'm Kyle and I will be the one that will help you not to make a fool of yourself in front of thousands of people. Which reminds me, congratulations! I've heard that your tour sold out in less than two hours'. He congratulated me and made my smile grew wider, Soph told me minutes before my performance at the Graham Norton Show and instantly made me more nervous than I already was.

' I'm so glad that we have the chance to meet up before rehearsals actually start so I can tell you how bad of a dancer I actually am. Also thank you so much for accepting my proposal, I know that things right now are complicated so I'm incredibly grateful that you accepted it'. Kyle Hanagami was a well-known choreographer that worked with a lot of famous artists, including Beyoncé, Blackpink and Now United. It was encouraging that he wanted to make his dreams come true and continue to choreograph even though he had been diagnosed with leukaemia years ago and was still battling it.

'Yeah, but I really wanted to do this and we are going to travel all over the world. That being said show me how bad of a dancer you said you are'. I laughed at the last part. I wanted to take Kyle on the tour with us so we could rehearse and make new choreographies faster if we needed to. I showed him a video of me dancing and he laughed. 'Well it's going to be a long journey but we'll get there and you would be the next Beyoncé when it comes to dancing'.

-----

We ended some choreographies but now I needed to practice how I was going to put the songs on the setlist. I wanted to add some songs from other artists like covers and also invite famous singers. I already have thought of some of them and had already contacted them, some of which accepted and others declined because their agendas were full or told me I wasn't successful enough. That last bit hurt.