Chapter 38

Pray for Palestine, please.

Author's PoV:

It was in the noon time when Ashiya took out clothes from her cupboard and was about to go take a shower when she collided with something. She waited for her butt to land on the floor but was surprised to find a strong hand gripped around her waist. She looked up to find two brown orbs staring at her, the ones she could look at for centuries without blinking.

She immediately got reminded of the day she had visited his office and how she had fallen on the floor after colliding with him. He had been rude back then. Very rude. It seemed like only yesterday when she was shooting death glares at him and now she was his wife. His wife. The thought made her feel giddy.

Ahan noticed the hint of blush in her cheeks and smirked. "What are you thinking of, angel eyes?" he asked. Ashiya shook her head and tried to get out of his hold but her husband wasn't in the mood to let go. He pulled her closer, their breath fanning each other's face. "Tell me and I'll let you go."

Ashiya thought of refusing, for she wanted to stay in his arms, feel his heartbeats under her palms and enjoy the way his eyes stared at her. But she was supposed to get ready and reach downstairs to help Mariam. "I was just... thinking of the time before our marriage," she looked down and bit her lip. "Remember how I had landed on your office floor after colliding with you and you didn't even say sorry to me," she looked up and pouted. His gaze shifted and founder her lips, warming her neck and deepening the blush in her cheeks.

"I can get down on my knees and apologise a hundred and one times if you want," he suggested and Ashiya giggled. Ahan's lips curved into a smile at the sound of his wife's childish laughter. "Are you laughing at me?"

"Nah," Ashiya shook her head, "I just never imagined you to be so flattering. I'm surprised."

"Oh I can surprise you more..." He whispered, his voice sweet and threatening. Ashiya shivered at the way he looked at her, his eyes studying her face and sending goosebumps to her skin.

He brought his face closer, his forehead touching hers as her eyes lowered. He looked at her lips, the lower one trapped between her teeth and he so wanted to copy that, to claim her mouth with his and take her breath away. He then eyed her slender form, understanding that she was still not ready for his sweet torture so he drew in a breath to control his desires.

"Stop biting your lips," he commanded, his tone soft but firm. Ashiya looked up and saw his eyes darkened by something. Something that terrified her but not in a negative way. "I swear you'll be the death of me someday..." He breathed and brought his lips to place them on her right cheek. It felt like kissing a baby's cheek, mushy and warm. Ashiya blushed from head to toe, her eyes cast low as she gripped his shoulders for support.

When Ahan pulled back, he smiled at the the innocence that radiated from her, and he promised himself for the ninety ninth time to never hurt her in any way. She was too precious for him, dangerous for his heart, yes, but precious.

"Let me go..." She whispered and was surprised at how breathless she sounded.

"What if I dont?" He challenged her and her eyes widened.

"I have to go downstairs...please..." She begged, receiving a smirk from him.

"What will I get in return?" He raised his eyebrows and Ashiya looked at him, confused. What does he want? She thought and the answer that her mind threatened to give her sent a shiver down her spine.

"What..what do you want?"

"Will tell you later, just promise me that you'll not refuse," he demanded and Ashiya opened her mouth to argue but nothing came out of it. What other choice did she have? A part of her brain told her that she should be careful but the other part encouraged her, daring her to see what he had in his mind.

"Okay..." Ashiya panted, her heart hammering in her chest as she saw a triumphant smile appear on his beautiful face.

"Okay," he nodded and loosened his grip on her waist.

.

.

Inside the bathroom, Ashiya striped her clothes off her body and entered the bathtub. The warm water tickled her skin, making her muscles relax. The realisation of being in a state like this when Ahan was just a few feet away, inside his bedroom, their bedroom, terrified and excited her simultaneously.
She touched her cheek where his lips had been a few minutes ago and her eyes lowered in shyness. What does he want from me? She thought.

As if you don't know, her conscience winked at her making her shake her head.

She couldn't deny the excitement rising in her gut when she thought about what he would do to her. Was it normal to feel like this? To be so smitten by a person that you become bold and daring overnight? She didn't know the answers.

Realising that she had been in the bath for too long, she got up and slipped into her yellow kameez and matching trousers. She made a turban out of her towel in order to dry her hair and stepped out to see Ahan sitting on the couch with his cellphone attached to his left ear. He was talking to somebody but his wife managed to grab his attention with her slender form and her nonchalant walk.

Ashiya could feel his gaze following her like a hawk but she was totally unaware of the effect her long neck was having on him now that her hair was pulled up. She had no dupatta on her body and her clothes were a little drenched making it easy for him to figure out the colour of what she wore underneath that kameez by looking at her back.

He got up and made his way towards her, every hair on her body suddenly aware of him now. She was facing the mirror, her eyes staring at him, daring him to break her with a single feather like touch. He obliged.

His index finger touched her neck and he dragged it slowly to the mole near her collar bone. She clutched her dress and closed her eyes at the burning sensation his touch ignited in her. He smirked.

Leaning close to her ear, he whispered, "Getting eager, are we?"

Ashiya couldn't answer. Whatever boldness she had been feeling inside the bathroom a few moments ago had disappeared into dust now. She kept her eyes closed as she felt his finger assault her neck, roaming as if he owned it.

He watched intently the effect he had on her and would have continued the sweet torture had they not been interrupted by a knock on the door, forcing Ashiya to exhale heavily in relief. She stepped away from him, and freed her hair from the towel to grab her hijab. She wrapped it loosely around her head and went to answer the door.

"Scarred little angel," she heard his chuckle before she was engulfed in a bone-crashing hug by two familiar figures.