Chapter 13

Ahan's PoV:

24th October, the date that changed our lives forever. The date that still haunts me. I wonder how our lives would have been if the shocking turn of events had not taken place.  I know it's all Allah's plan and HE is the best of planners but there are times when I feel immensely weak. Times when I wish to hide myself from this world.

I lay tossing and turning on my bed before getting up and making my way to the washroom. Doing my wudu, I came out and started praying Tahajjud. I'm not regular with it but right now I felt the need to pour my heart out to my Creator.

After saying my salams on both sides, I raised my hand in supplication, "Ya Allah, my Rabb, my Creator, I am your creation and You're aware of everything that is in my heart. You know all my problems and it is You who has the cure for everything. Help me, Ya Rabb, You've given me everything that I could ask for. I'm grateful to you for all I have and all I don't. Grant me Sabr for my heart feels weak. Grant me the strength to fight the hollowness that I feel right now. Indeed, You're the most merciful." As I concluded my supplication, I felt lighter and relaxed. Talking to the Creator is surely the therapy everyone needs.

I heard the call for Fajr salah and made my way with my brothers to the nearby mosque. After offering the salah in congregation, we came back home. Ayan went straight to his room and I was about to go to mine when Arhaan called me.

"Yes?" I asked he walked up to me.

"Bhai, I hope you're fine..." He said. I knew he was just as disturbed as I was. I nodded with a smile at him.

"Don't worry Arhaan, I'm fine," I assured him, "I hope you're fine too."

"Yeah, I am," he smiled back.

.

.

.
On the breakfast table, we were having our breakfast quietly. Well, Mom, Arhaan and I were quiet whereas the other two humans were talking randomly without any care in the world.

"Do not talk while eating, Ayan," I said and he obliged. Ashiya just rolled her eyes at me and continued with her food. I wonder what's the matter with her...

"Ahan," Mom spoke softly, her voice seemed drained. "Can you stay home today?" She asked.

"Sure Mom" I said and she smiled. Her eyes seemed tired today, probably due to lack of sleep. I looked at Arhaan and he nodded.

"I'll take care of the work," He said and got up to leave.

"Are you alright Khala?" Ashiya asked with concern.

"I'm perfectly fine bete," Mom smiled at her. Even after so much that she has been through, my mother has never let herself break down in front of people. I remember I was 11year old when Mom was left alone in this world, with three children to take care of and nobody to rely upon. She worked hard to provide us all our necessities, never said no to anything we asked her for. Surely it was due to Allah's grace and Mom's hardwork, that we now have an easy life now. My mother is my source of strength and the only human behind my success. There's nothing that I won't do for her, ever.

"Mom you can go and take rest in your room, I'll do the dishes," I said and Mom nodded. For a second, I could feel Ashiya's surprised glance but I didn't look at her.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Big secrets are gonna unfold. Please keep reading.