Chapter 45

Assalamualaikum, readers. I hope you have prayed your salah. If not, then please do it before reading this. JazakAllah.

Also, to my non muslim readers I want to say that I am really glad and grateful to you people. Trust me guys, stories have got nothing to do with differences in faith.

P.s. All of you are amazing. And I apologise for this late update.

Ashiya's PoV:

After driving for around forty five minutes, we reached our destination. Ahan got out of the car and pulled the door out for me. He then took my hand in his and started walking straight from where we parked our car.

There were trees all around and a big building built upon a huge land. It had a large gate leading to it's premises. I looked up and saw a board. It had Wisdom Valley written on it. We entered through the gate and I realised what the place actually was.

A number of children belonging to different age groups were scattered around, some playing while some sitting under trees. They were all dressed in white shirts and brown full length pants. They were all students.

"Dad always wanted to do social services but didn't have enough sources," Ahan spoke beside me. He led me to the corridor and we started strolling, watching students sitting inside classrooms and studying. "I wanted to fulfil Dad's dreams. I wish he were here to see this. He would have been really happy. He loved kids."

I rubbed my thumb across Ahan's palm and saw him sigh. The sunlight hit his face, forming beads of sweat on his forehead. His hair glistened and he looked beautiful. "When did you build this?" I asked.

"When I returned from London. I had been planning this for a few years. It's not completely mine though. Twenty-five per cent of this property belongs to the government." A football came rolling and landed near Ahan's foot, followed by a boy who looked approximately ten years of age.

"Assalamualaikum," he greeted Ahan with a smile and bent down to pick up the ball but Ahan beat him to it.

"Walaikum Assalam, won't you allow me to play with you?"

"Of course, bhai. Come join us," the kid said enthusiastically. Ahan distanced himself from me, threw the ball in the air and kicked it before it could land on the ground. He then gestured to me to wait for five minutes as he joined the boys.

He jumped and ran and yelled in triumph as he scored a goal, behaving like the kids around him. He laughed with his head thrown back, looking carefree and relaxed. When he came back to me, I could see his muscles flexed, his veiny arms making it clear that he was an athletic guy.

"These kids are quite fond of you," I said to him, earning a smile.

"I guess so," he took my hand back in his and resumed our walk. "You know, this place is very special to me. I come here whenever I get time. I like spending my time with these children. They make me believe that there's still purity left in this world."

I halted on my steps and turned to him. We were at the end of the corridor, away from everyone. "You're a beautiful human, do you know that?" I confessed genuinely, making him look down with a cute smile. Did my husband just blush? Aww.

"Are you blushing, dear husband?" I teased and he looked up with his eyebrows raised.

"This," he pointed towards his face with a smile, "isn't blushing." He then stepped closer to me, so close that our chests brushed against each other. I tried to calm my breathing. "This is," he smirked as he eyed my face.

We heard the ringing of Ahan's phone and he was quick to move away from me. His expressions became serious and I wondered if this was the same guy who was being flirtatious with me just a few seconds ago.

"Yes?" He spoke over the phone, all serious and formal. "Make sure to complete it by tomorrow. I want no excuse." There was something about this no nonsense demeanour of his that ignited knots inside my belly. It was scary yet exciting."Chalein?" He brought his attention back to me after disconnecting the call, his eyes soft and caring.

We walked out of the school and met some teachers on our way. They greeted us and talked to Ahan with great honour. I was impressed with my husband's image, to say the least. He was a self made respectable personality who was liked by almost everyone he met. I had started to see him in a higher light and with much more affection than earlier.

.

.

.

I was on my bed, cuddled up inside a blanket and reading a novel when my Ahan entered the room and joined me. It still felt a little weird to have a guy lying beside me on the bed but I was trying to get used to it. I didn't know why I became aware of every hair on my body everytime Ahan came closer to me. Even when he just stood and focused on his own business, I would suddenly get conscious of myself.

"... right?" I realised I had been asked a question and came out of my thoughts. What's the question?

"Umm yeah," I replied anyway to not look silly in front of him and saw him looking at me in a funny manner.

"Yeah?" His eyes danced in mirth and I wondered what exactly was his question. Even then I nodded. He shook his head with a smile.
"I asked you if I am a good kisser, babe."

I opened my mouth and closed it, not knowing what to say. What the… Why am I so stupid? But I had to say something to erase the awkwardness.

"Oh," I managed to speak, my mind clapping sarcastically at me.

"Yes," Ahan's gaze travelled all over my face. "Then I guess you won't mind me kissing you again, hai na?" He nudged his nose with mine.

"I-I think we should sleep now. It's getting late. Good night Ahan. Sleep tight and have sweet dreams. Bye," I recited everything in one go and hid my face inside the blanket. Outside I heard Ahan's hearty laughter which sounded melodious.

"Good night, angel eyes. Have a good sleep," I heard him before the lights of our room went off and I found myself dreaming about him.

                          ************

Chalein - shall we go?
Hai na - right?

Thank you for reading. Please vote and comment. I appreciate every feedback, positive and negative.