Chapter 8

Ashiya's PoV:

"I'm asking you for the last time, Mister, will you let me go or not?" I was fuming from anger as I stood glaring at the jerk in front of me, aka, Ahan. He took a few steps closer, folded his arms over his chest and eyed me from top to bottom.

"No," he replied. That's it. I lost my self control and punched him in the face. Man that felt so good! "WHAT THE HELL!!!" He yelled in horror and I smirked looking at his bloody nose.

"Want more?" I asked and kicked him in the gut. He fell down on the ground holding his stomach.

"Stop! Please!" He begged but I was in no mood to listen. I took a few steps back and was about to launch a flying kick at him when I felt a sharp pain on my butt.
I opened my eyes abruptly and saw nothing. It was dark. Wait, there's something holding my movements. I tried to understand what happened when it finally dawned upon me - it was a dream.

And now I was sitting on the floor with my body entangled in blanket. Only if the dream could come true, I sighed and got up after removing the blanket from my body.

Picking up my phone I looked at the screen and realised it was almost time for Fajr.

.

.

.

After offering my salah, I was folding my prayer mat when I heard a voice coming from the hall.

"...and do not forget the documents," I followed the source of it and peeked from my room. Ahan was walking towards the main door while talking to someone on the phone. He had his formal suit on. So he's leaving, I thought and a smirk formed on my lips.

At the dining table, we all had our breakfast. Arhaan and Ayan finished their food before me and soon were out of the house. I looked over at Khala and she seemed to be in a good mood. Here's your chance, my subconscious told me.

"Khala," I said and she looked at me, "can I go to the reunion?" I asked softly to which she sighed.

"Ashu, we already heard Ahan's decision last night," she said and I pouted.

"Khala please, I promise I won't get late. It's been so long since I've met these guys. Please Khala, I assure I won't land myself in any trouble. Pleeeaase!!!" I said with eyes.

"Okay..." She said and I literally jumped on her.

"Thank you thank you thank you," I hugged her tightly, "thank you so so much!"

"But you need to return before Ahan's arrival," she told me and I nodded happily kissing her left cheek to which she chuckled.

.

.

.

I was with Shifa in her car, driving back home when I got a call from Khala.

"Ashu, where are you?" She asked.

"On the way Khala," I said, "will be home in 15-20 mins."

"You better be, it's already 8 pm. Ahan is on his way too," she said and I assured her that I'll make it before his arrival. The car came to a halt and I looked at Shifa in confusion. She seemed surprised too.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know. Let's go out and see."

We came out of the car and Shifa opened it's hood. She looked at it for few seconds."What happened?" I asked. There was no one around and the place seemed quite scary.

She scrunched her nose and spoke, "I can't understand, I think there's something wrong with the battery."

"So what do we do now?"

Before she could answer, we heard some voices. Looking around, we found three men approaching us. They didn't seem good people.

"What happened madam? Need any help?" One of them asked in flirtatious way. He looked at us from top to bottom and smirked.

"Umm...no thanks we're fine," I spoke trying to make them leave.

"Arey let us help you. Don't worry we don't bite," another one spoke and they started laughing. Shifa looked at me tensed. The men started started stepping closer to us and we didn't know what to do. Panicked, I started praying in my heart.

Suddenly, we heard the sound of a car nearby and then saw it crossing the road. The car stopped in front of us, all five of us now looking at it. The car seems familiar, I thought. Oh no, it can't be...

The car door opened and from inside emerged the one man I was dreading to see. His eyes found mine and I swear I could feel his anger through his gaze. Walking towards us, he eyed those men.

"Leave," he said in his commanding voice and quite surprisingly the men obliged. Unbelievable! I thought there would be some action sequence but no such thing happened. "What made you stop here?" He asked us, his eyes still shooting daggers at me.

"My car came to an abrupt stop maybe due to some problem," Shifa said nervously. Woah, even she seems scared.
Without caring to speak further, he walked over to the car, lifted the hood, shuffled with some stuff and then put the hood down.

"It's fixed, you can go home," he said and I sighed. I was about to go and sit in Shifa's car when he spoke, "you're coming with me," and I knew it was for me. I wanted to refuse him but the look in his eyes made me gulp down my words. I nodded at Shifa, signalling her to go and then followed the angry young man to his car.

..................................................................

Please comment if you liked the chapter or not...I need feedback.