Haruta

You sighed as you watched the clock's hands move from number to number. You rested your head in your hand as you leaned on the pale countertop. The small hospital you worked at seemed to move at a slower pace than normal. Not many people were coming in today, not that it was necessarily a bad thing, it was just different from what you're used to. 

Your eyes drifted over to the glass doors at the front of the building, as you watched your friend, Haruta, making his way inside.

"What brings you in here? You're not hurt are you?" You worriedly questioned the blue-eyed boy as he walked in.

"No, I'm fine." He smiled as he made his way up to the desk you sat behind.

You've known Haruta for a couple of days now, ever since he saved you from a bunch of bandits the two of you have been close. The short boy was sweet, but you noticed how he was getting a little more protective of you as the days went by. You always chalked it up to him being worried that you'd get robbed again, but there was a small voice in the back of your mind that warned you to be careful.

"Have you been busy today?" The brunette asked you, resting one of his hands on the sword that hung off his waist.

"Not really," You admitted, "I've only worked on three people today."

"Y'know, you really shouldn't care so much about people you hardly know." He stated, darkly as he stared down at your form, ever so slightly tilting his head to the side. 

You glanced up at him, not knowing whether he was joking or not. You'd like to assume he meant it in a harmless way but the look in his eyes made you think otherwise. 

You forced out a laugh, "Maybe, but it's my job, I have to care, or else what's the point?"

The look in his eyes only seemed to darken as he grinned at you, "I dunno, I guess I just don't want you stuck with a bunch of helpless people who rely on you too much." He chuckled lightly, "Anyway, when do you get off for lunch? I'd like to take you if that works for you."

"Yeah, ok! I get off in a few minutes, can you wait outside for me?" You responded.

-X-X-X-

Your shoes thumped against the stone path as you followed Haruta. The restaurant he was taking you to seemed pretty far away, the sound of the waves hitting the island was getting louder and louder as well. 

"Hey, so where exactly are we going?" You questioned as you looked back at the town that seemed so small from where you were standing. You didn't know this area well, but you were sure there weren't any places to eat out here.

"It's a surprise! I promise you'll love it! You gotta trust me!" He told you, lightly nudging you with his shoulder. 

"Alright." You warily muttered. You're confusion only seemed to grow when a pirate ship came into view. "This is a ship." You remarked as the swordsman came to a stop in front of the dock.

"Ok so, I might've lied about it being a fancy restaurant, but my brother can make really fancy food!" You suddenly felt him grab your hand as he excitedly dragged you aboard the giant ship.

"Haruta!" You exclaimed, "Can't I get arrested for willingly going on a pirate ship? It's already dangerous enough that you and I know each other!" 

"You worry too much!" He told you, giggling as he quickly brought you into a room that was certainly not a kitchen, but a bedroom. "Ok, so what room would you prefer? We've got a spare one below deck and another at the very back of the ship."

"Room?" 

"Yeah, for when you join the crew as our doctor." He stated, forcefully grabbing your shoulders. 

"I'm not joining the crew, Haruta." You said firmly, pushing him off of you and making your way towards the door to leave.

"What do you mean you're not joining? Y'know I can burn down your entire island in an instant, right?" You heard him chuckle behind you as he came up to gently wrap his arms around you from behind. "Do you know how much you owe me for saving you from the bandits? You don't have much of a choice in this (Y/N)!~" He cooed into your ear.

"You wouldn't burn down an island, let alone mine." You said cautiously, as his grip on you tightened.

"You should see how much my brothers care about me. If I tell them something happened to me on this island they wouldn't hesitate to destroy it. Wanna see?" He purred from behind yo

"A-Actually, let's j-just eat lunch. I-I'm pretty hungry a-anyway." You stammered, you cared about too many people on the island to test if he was bluffing or not, besides, being a doctor on a pirate ship couldn't be so bad, Haruta was even here with you.

"Great! I'll tell Pop's once we're done eating!"

----------

Im sorry about this one, Haruta is a lot harder to write for than I expected so I really hope you liked this one. Thank you all so much for reading my book! It honestly means a lot to me. Updates might be a little slow since school just started for me but I'll still try to get a least one chapter out every week.