Kaido

You slowly blinked as your eyes adjusted to your surroundings. The dark-colored bricks that made up the walls around you reminded you of a prison, and the torches that hung in the corners made the room feel even more unwelcoming.  

The echo of the long metal chain that was secured on your wrist, keeping you from going far from the large bed you had been placed on, made you a little nervous. It added to the jail-like feeling. 

You didn't jump when the door slowly creaked open, you were still a tad drowsy from whatever your captor gave you before. Their loud footsteps and heavy breathing made you shiver involuntarily as you watched the tall figure approach your still form. 

"Took you long enough." He scowled at you, "So, how do you like the room?" 

"Reminds me a bit of a dungeon." You said as you struggled to process the situation you were in. The drunk-like state you were in currently erased any sense of fear you normally would have in this position.

"I'll redo it immediately then." He told you, as he handed you a cup full of water, "here, you'll get a headache if you don't drink this."

You smiled gently at him, rubbing your eyes before graciously accepting the liquid. He exhaled deeply as you chugged the water, kneeling beside your bed in an attempt to be at the same level as you. 

"Do you need anything else?" He asked as he gently reached for your wrist to break the chain off. His yellow eyes pierced through the darkness of the room and as your eyes adjusted, you were finally able to make out who it was. You captain, Kaido.

"No, I'm ok." You responded, massaging your wrist. "Am I in trouble, sir?" The water really helped to clear your head as you finally took notice of where you actually were. You had worked for the Beast Pirates for a few months now, and desperately hoped you hadn't done anything to offend the Emporer. Slaving away in the mines sounded like a terrible way to go. 

"Y'know, you give me a reason to live." He told you, as he scooped you into his large hands and brought you up to him.

"W-what- uh- what do you mean by that?" 

"If you want anything, tell me." His statement didn't answer anything but you didn't want to repeat yourself in fear of annoying him. 

With you, in his hands, he carried you out of the room and into the hallway. You could tell he took care to try and go slow so you didn't fall over. It was a little unnerving seeing your boss like this, you couldn't tell if it were an act or not. 

"So, where are we going?" You cautiously asked, waiting for him to give you some form of crushing news.

"You must be hungry, you haven't eaten since I drugged you a couple of hours ago." He responded, pressing his thumb against you softly, careful not to hurt you in any way. 

"Oh yes." You muttered, not realizing your hunger till he said something, "By the way, why did you drug me?" You weren't angry about it, you honestly didn't care what he did. He could tell you to kill yourself and you'd do it. He had saved you a couple of years ago and in turn, giving you a purpose to live. Ironically, you also gave him a reason not to die.

He stopped walking as he glanced down at you. He stared at you for a bit before speaking, "I've never met someone so devoted to me. I've noticed how far you were willing to go for me over the years, I would do everything I could to protect you." 

You just nodded. It made you happy to know that you made Kaido happy. 

"Oh, are you ok?" You asked when he staggered a bit at the sight of the small smile you were giving him.

"You're just so enchanting." With that, he left to the kitchen with you, giving you thousands of options to choose from for you to eat.