Sabo

The loud sound of the clock ticking was the only thing you could concentrate on as you sat in the booth of the cafe alone. The heel of your shoe anxiously hitting the floor out of embarrassment. You liked to think he'd be here any second, show up and charm you like you imagined the night to go, but the chances were slim. You'd been sitting in that one spot for about an hour now, you didn't have much choice other than admit to yourself that you'd been stood up. 

In a nearby ally, your date had been killed, beaten to the point he was unrecognizable. A gloved hand picked up the now bloody metal pole as he walked away from the crime scene. Sabo had been watching you for a bit, he knew that if you knew about this entire ordeal you might not be so happy with him. Although, he had convinced himself that you would regret going out with him, despite not knowing a thing about him. He was your knight and your perfect classmate, it was his job to make sure you had the best.

You sighed, looking up at the moon in disappointment. You just wanted to go home and forget this night ever happened. Maybe you'd drink a bottle of alcohol to forget about the feeling. Oh, what were you going to tell your friends? They were so excited for you, even helping you get ready for the night. And your parents? You didn't want their pity, it would only make you feel worse. 

Your thoughts were interrupted as you ran straight into someone. Frantically, you turned to the person in question.

"Ah! I'm so sorry!" You apologized, looking up to see the familiar face of Sabo. 

You wouldn't say the two of you were friends, acquaintances at best. He only ever passed you a pencil when you'd forget, or waking you up when you fell asleep. You'd love to get to know him better, but he was always surrounded by people, you never wanted to interrupt any conversations he was having at the moment.

"Don't be sorry." He chuckled, placing a hand on your shoulder to stabilize you, "It's my fault, I wasn't paying attention." 

He was going to meet you at the cafe, but meeting you here worked just as well. You were a dream to him, the way you sheepishly answered your shared professor, unsure of what to say when the spotlight was placed on you. He liked to watch as you stared out the window at passing cars, or birds. One day he wished to take you all over the world, just so he could see your curious gaze.

"What's with the jacket? Kind of hot out here don't cha think?" You giggled, the humid spring air was enough for you to feel a little heated in your short dress, you couldn't imagine how it'd feel with a trench coat. 

The blond's smile faltered a little at your question. What was he supposed to do if you were to keep pressing? It was the only thing that covered up the bloodstains of your would've-been date. He'd have no other choice but to just take you right then and there.

Your phone started to ring, causing you to turn your attention away from him, focusing on whoever was calling you. 

"Sorry, I have to take this." You told him, glancing at him apologetically, "See ya around." You walked off, telling your friend about what had happened that day, as she was curious how your date was going. 

Sabo sighed, he felt so in love with you. He truly would do anything to see you happy. He was glad he didn't have to kidnap you, he didn't like the idea of forcing you to do anything you didn't want. He wanted to allure you himself, making you fall in love with him like he was with you. Killing off the people he deemed to be bad for you, protecting you from the bad people in the world, ignoring the fact he was one. He'd just have to be patient. One day you'd see how perfect he really was for you.